Who We Are

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Our Cool Adventure, Part One

Ha roo, pups and cool cats! It's me, Zim! As Ammy told you, we had QUITE the cool adventure on Saturday morning! It all started after breakfast, at about 0630, when Dad took me and the Yammer on our morning walk. He said we were going to head to the park - what fun! I love the park!

When we got there, it was even better than I could have imagined!

IMG_0345
"Wowzers! Check this out, Ammy! There are cool animals all over the park!!!"

Dad said it was the Riley County Fair and the Kaw Valley Rodeo!!! It was so exciting! Dad walked us all over, so Ammy and I could see all the different animals! He shot a bunch of pix with his iPhone so we could show you!

IMG_0355
"Hey! Who all's in there?!?"

It was a tent full of goats (some looked a lot like Jasmine!), chickens, roosters, gooses, turkeys ... all kinds of guys!

IMG_0360
"Hey! Do you know Jasmine?!?"

Sadly, she didn't - but wished me a fun time walking around the fair grounds. Very polite, those goats!

Ammy and I saw some guys with cows on leashes:

IMG_0367
"Look, Zim! Those cows are going for a walk, too! Hee hee hee!"

Ammy knows a lot about farm stuff. Or at least more than the rest of us. She grew up out in the country. I asked her how I could win over the cows. You know, what to say to them, how to say it - the basics. She said there weren't cows on the farm when she was born, but she heard "How now, brown cow?" is a popular expression. I thought I'd try it out!


IMG_0378
"How now, brown cow?"

One of them looked over at me and started to say "moooooo".


IMG_0379
"Yeah! Hey! How now, brown c--"

Ammy kept trying to interrupt me.

IMG_0380
"Umm... Zimmie? That's not exactly a cow..."

Oops. How's a guy to know these things? I apologized and there were no hard feelings. I settled in, so we could all get to know each other. One of his friends came over to commune with me.

IMG_0388
"Hey! I'm Zim. How's it going?"
IMG_0387
"Zimmie, get up! Daddy says it's time to head home!"

Just when a guy makes some friends, it's time to pack it up and walk home?

"Aw, Dad! Can't I stay?!?!" I pleaded with him! He said no, but that he'd get Mom to bring me back after I had a cool down and some water. Now you're talking!


On our way out, we walked past these guys:

IMG_0383
Me and my new friends, horsing around

They seemed to want to meet me; I told them I'd be back later!

Tune in tomorrow for Part Two!

Play bows,
Zim

PS: As you know, we had a full moon last night! We were expecting cloudy skies, so Mom didn't think she'd be able to "shoot the moon", so to speak. In fact, the night did start out cloudy:

DSCN6152

...but then the skies cleared!

DSCN6155

We couldn't resist sharing the best of Mom's pix! Ah
roooooooooooooo!!!!!

21 comments:

  1. Wow, what a khool adventure! I don't know nothin' bout cows either, but Moo was named after moo cows. They thought she looked like one when she was born with that all-white face of hers. I think she was probably pretty cute, even back then! Can't wait to hear about Part 2!!

    jack a-roo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool that you guys got to go to the fair! You should have went to meet the horses - Marge chickened out last time we tried that..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! That's really cool! What a great place to meet some new friends!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow thats a great moon shot!
    How fun you got to meet cows and horses!
    Are your adventures always segregated by colors (reds together, blacks together)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cow and horses, oh my! They are strange looking! Love the moon pics....probably cause I LOVE full moons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, you just gotta love polite goats.

    Zim and Ammy's excellent adventure is something to see and Zim is the perfect ambassador for us Huskies, even though most of us are not as polite to other species.

    Good thing Ammy had her country experience to help out with the proper customs, language and humor.

    Remy and Flash

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you guys had such an exciting adventure at the park and it's really cool you both got to meet so many new friends!...We look forward to seeing what happens in Part 2!...Awesome moon photos, we're very impressed with your Mom's photography skills!...Happy week sweet, gorgeous friends...We love you guys!...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, not every day that you see all those pretty animals at the park. Looks like you guys were nice and relaxed seeing them though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how much fun. Humans are always that way. Just when you make new friends they want to go... Bet we could have herded those goats...


    Big Sloppy Kisses
    Gus, Louie and Callie

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is quite a wonderful adventure!! Cows and horses!! Mom loves horses very much! Thanks for the picture of the moon..we couldn't see it last night because of clouds! Lots of love, Holly and mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. That "cow" was playing with you. He said Mooo and we all know its Woooo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome adventure Zimmie! I knew you'd make friends with them all.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are just popping in to say Hi - we miss you all!!!
    What an adventure you had! Cows on leashes.......we don't know what to make of that!
    You were very brave to meet cows that went mooooo and horses ....!
    love
    Martha and Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cows, horsies, goats.... wow!
    Sure you had a pawesome adventure there!
    I love love love the Moon picture!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wondered if the whole adventure with the animal fest, kinda "got your goat" as we so quaintly say here in the old country.....

    I will explain if this is not a saying you know over there with the big moon skies!

    Singing "Blue Moon........" da de dah

    Marvin xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a great adventure. I can't wait to read part 2. I bet you guys go to the rodeo and do some calf roping.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - that IS a cool adventure!! HOw awesome to get so close to those cows and horses! I've seen cows in our big farm park back in Auckland but I haven't been close to horses much...

    OK - am off to read part 2 now!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous11:23 AM

    Wow Zim and Ammy! Cows and horses!! Sooo cool. And the cow said Mooooo to you. Did you answer back with a Woooo or a Moooo?
    Hugs,
    Sitka

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a FUN day and you met a lot of cool new friends!!! :)

    Great pic of the moon!

    Mochi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cows on leashes....hehe

    Fun pictures, there were loads of animals there.

    Love your mums moon shot too!

    Now to read part two.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL! I love the part about the cow . . . er bull. :) Can't wait to read part two, but it'll have to be later. Gotta run!

    ReplyDelete