Who We Are

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Where Was I?

Woo, everypup and everycat. It's me - Dave. Now ... where was I yesterday?

DSCN5860 Dave
"Where was I?"

Oh, yeah. I remember. Right about ... here.

DSCN5880
"Hi!"

That's the same photo we posted yesterday, only without the effects layering that Mom did with PhotoShop Elements. We thought you might like seeing the "
before and after". Only I guess in this case it was "after and before".

Anyway, we've had some much better weather - not as hot and humid - so the other morning I got to go run around in the yard with Mom and play with
Squeaky Fish and my Squeaky Tennis Ball. It was really fun! I did lots of Fetch games with both the Squeaky Fish and Squeaky Tennis Ball - like this:

CollageDaveBallFish
Squeaky Tennis Ball and me on the left; Squeaky Fish and me on the right

It was a blast! I remembered to take lots of breaks - and for those of you who were concerned about me having lots of fresh water available -
fear not! Mom's real careful about that sort of thing! You guys are all really sweet and it's a great reminder to stay hydrated! Thanks, friends!

Here I am, taking a break with Squeaky Fish:

CollageDaveOFish
Me and Squeaky Fish

I hope you're all getting some exercise in when it's relatively cool ~ walks or playtime or something! If it can't be outside, maybe you could play Fetch in the house! That's always fun. Only I'm not allowed to play with Squeaky Fish in the house. Something about "the world's loudest squeak" and my mom's head being ready to explode. I'm not sure what that means - you can check out Squeaky Fish's squeak here - but I'm sure happy we've had cool enough weather to get some backyard time in!

Luv,
Dave

PS: All of today's pix were taken with Mom's Nikon. Tune in tomorrow for Photo Finish Friday to see a really great shot she took with the iPhone!

21 comments:

  1. Wow - your mom's head could explode? Our hu-dad told us that we was about to "lose it" one day when we were wrestling and kinda of stepped on him once or a thousand times. But we didn't see what he was going to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh an exploding head eh? How interesting! Is there going to be photos when it happens?

    Or will a be a photo opportunity too far?

    I like the before and the after photos very much indeed, thank you for sharing them.

    We have rain showers today for the first time for ages, our grass is kinda yellow, usually this is blamed on me, but it seems it has been the hot, hot, hot, weather.

    I am so glad you have fresh water available ...... my Jeannie says to tell your Mama ;0DDDDD

    I have no idea in my Marvin head what she is barking about.

    We are having fish and chips for tea tomorrow, I will see if the fish squeaks if I get any left overs. I will keep you posted.

    lotsaluv Marvin whose comment is nearly as long as your post, ooooops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love that squeaky fish noise! How could anyone not love that happy sound? Well, maybe indoors it would be a bit much fur bipeds. Our mom said her neck was killing her yesterday, but we didn't see her neck doing anything except holding up her head, like usual. Bipeds are funny sometimes.

    jack a-roo & miss moo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your having a grrreat time outside with your fishie!! Hope you can make it to our pawty!!

    Woofs and Kisses!
    The Fiesty Three

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dave, we are playing catch up today!
    Thank you for going over yesterday for us today.......otherwise we would be totally confused.
    Your mom is getting too clever for our liking with that photoshop!
    We like both pics!
    We enjoy seeing you play with the Squeaky Fish - you certainly had fun with that and your ball.
    Stay cool
    love
    Martha and Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave, great pictures!! Mom said she sure understands the exploding head deal and it's not good. I don't have a clue what it means. We both just love your photos so much! Lots of love, Holly and mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I played some fetch in the house yesterday with Mom. Steve did his thing where he looks all sad and bored and when Mom tries to play with him, he just stands there. It really drives Mom nuts, which I think is why Steve does it.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooos Exercise??? In this heat? maybe a dip in the pool but even that eater in there is almost 90 right now... yuck, bath water...
    ~husky kisses~
    -Kira The BeaWootiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mom needs to send some of the knowledge to Beth....she really has problelms with making my pictures fancy....yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Squeakie fish is tangerine, Dave! You're playing true colors Thursday and you didn't even know it!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woof! Woof! Looking great ... learning lots of new clever tricks. Golden Thanks for supporting me to be June Top UDog. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dave, Looking good. I love my squeaky toys the best. My Dad does not have the guts to force me outside so I squeak where ever I want.

    Remy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Dave!
    I can see you had a great time with your toy!
    Today we are having a very nice weather. It is raining a little bit right now and it feels cool!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are the freckles! *swoon* Dave, we enjoy seeing you during your play time and glad the weather has been cooler so you can play outside since we don't want your mom's head exploding inside!

    ReplyDelete
  15. w00fs u always have fun, Dave..and yep, us all need water on hot days...

    b safe,
    ~rocky~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh boy...I want to get a squeaky fish, sounds like the best toy ever.

    Mom laughed when I told her about your mom's dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are such sharp and pretty pictures! My Humans are getting lazy these days, and they're using their iPhones to take photos. Sigh...

    Good thing your humans still want to take such awesome pictures of you guys!

    Sonic

    ReplyDelete
  18. What FUN toys Dave!!! Mama says she knows all about loud squeaky toys....All we know is that all our favorite toys are on top of the frigerator...

    Smileys & Snuggles!
    Dory, Jacob and Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! Labradave. Too hot for me outside at the moment, I has to wait for the evening for my proper walk.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yuh, I have no doubt that even with water around you go all action dog until your tongue is HOOGE! That is the way you bouncy guys are.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  21. My mum has claimed that her head will explode sometimes too, but I've never seen it happen so I think she's just tricking. Your mum probably is too.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete