Who We Are

Thursday, July 08, 2010

It All Started With My Paw

Hi everypuppy and everycat! It's me - Ammy! I was working in the Weather Lab the other day, in this exact pose ...

DSCN5911 Ammy
Me. Working in the Ao4 Weather Lab.

...when Zimmie walked by. He looked at me and asked, "Hey, Am, where's your paw?" I replied, "Dad's downstairs in the office." Hee hee hee. We had a good laugh over that one, and then it struck me that I hadn't told you any jokes lately.

Some of us are going through some pretty severe weather - thunderstorms, tornadoes, flooding, heat... so I thought maybe a few weather jokes would be in order. What do you think?!?

I know many of you in the eastern part of the US are experiencing weather that's much hotter than what you're used to. In fact, we were watching a ball game on TV the other day and Dave asked why it got so hot in the stadium when the game was over. I told him it was because all the fans left. Hee hee hee!

DSCN5910 Ammy
I at least try to LOOK serious when I'm in the Weather Lab!

Here in Kansas, we've had lots of hot weather, thunderstorms, flash flooding and even a few tornadoes! That's all normal for us at this time of year. With it being Summer and all. Or as one tornado said to the other... "Let's twist again, like we did last Summer." Hee hee hee! (Please click here. Especially if you're a Labradorable guy from Scotland.)

Many of our friends aren't having Summer right now, they're in Winter -- like Zimmie's bestest friend, Huffle Mawson, down in Australia! Maybe a cold weather joke would be in order here, too. Hmm...

DSCN5912 Ammy
"A joke for Huffle ... hmmm ..."
(By the way, did everyone see yesterday's picture of Huffs? I think she was doing Malamute ears!)

Oh! I've got it! I know Huffle has her own Huffle heater to help her keep warm, but what about sheep? How do sheep keep warm in winter?

Central bleating. Hee hee hee! Oh, that one is just so baaaaaaaaaad. Hee hee hee!

Happy Thursday!

Love,
Ammy

29 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH central bleating! oh Ammy! I've missed your jokes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahahhahahahahah!

    Thanks for da great belly laughs today!

    MinnaK

    Oh my dog......my squiggly word verification is GRINS! How cool is dat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ammy, you are a silly sweetheart and a gorgeous girl, we LOVE your beautiful eyes and sweet face!...Thanks for the smiles lovely friend...kisses and hugs...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooos Ammy! The funniest Husky in the world, as usual!

    ~husky kisses~
    -Kira The BeaWootiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adored your Paw Joke, dear Ammy! You are so funny, and yet, so baaaaaaaaad! Central bleating, love it so much!!

    Does your Mama want a song in her head....well here goes....

    "A Paw in your hand may be quite continental but real Pas are a Sibe's best friend

    A Paw may be grand but it won't pay for the kibble

    On your humble flat, nor help you dribble at the automat

    Paws grow old and even Sibes get cold

    And we all lose our "red shoes" in the end

    But Sibe Cut or Lab shaped

    Real Pas don't lose their shape
    Pas are a Sibe's best friend....."

    My Pa has had to go away on "business", I must admit I really don't like the sound of that, it sounds kinda messy, however, I am missing him already. So hug your Pa!

    With apologies to whoever originally pawed those lyrics, mind you I think my are far better.

    oh and I loved looking at your most beautiful and lovely face in the pics on here.

    I think, I may be just a little in love with you, dear Amber.

    ;0D lots of licks, Marv xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so funny Ammy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ammy thanks for the laughs!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was working in the weather lab the other day.......

    kinda reminds me of a song......

    by bobby boris pickett - the monster mash

    I was working in the lab late one night. When my eyes beheld an eerie sight. For my monster from his slab began .........

    just hope your weather forecast is not so scary dear Ammy! ;0DDDD

    ReplyDelete
  9. the gooseberries, btw thank you for caring! - the gooseberries, dear Army of Four are doing as well as a Wilegia Bush can deal with them.

    ;oD Indeed a strange fruit, the Wilegia. Inedible and bizarrely pink. And a tad "floury"......

    GJ x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are SOOOO funny! ha ha ha! Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so funny Ammy. Thanks for the laugh.. We need it today...

    Big Sloppy Kisses
    Gus, Louie and Callie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ammy, you are so funny! Mom started laughing at the very beginning when she read about the
    A04 Weather Lab! Thanks Storm for letting us know that little photobucket picture was now in the center of what used to be the background!! Last night the background just disappeared and we didn't know that had popped up! Mom hasn't a clue what happened or how to fix it. Thanks for the laugh because mom's been very sad at the computer stuff the last few days. She needed a good laugh and she almost started dancing while listening to The Twist and I had to make her stop before she broke something else!!! She loves all of those songs...and those years!! Lots of love, Holly and mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are such a hoot, Ammy! Your jokes always make us smile!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for my special joke Ammy! I love it. And I WAS doing malamute ears yesterday! I learned that from you. By the way, you are looking very cute today.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ammy, you are so funny! We like the "twist again, like we did last Summer". Thanks for the laughs today!

    PeeS: you are such a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh hahaaha! It's good to laugh. Although, it's almost too hot here to do even THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. kept me smiling to myself the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ammy...you should have your own SitCom!! We think you are tooooo funny!

    Smileys & Snuggles!
    Dory, Jacob and Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stop making me laugh! It gets me all heated up! You are too much.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Ammy!
    You made us laugh very loud today!
    Thanks a lot!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  21. BOL AMY!!

    Great jokes to start our Friday!

    Lots of Luv & Kisses
    Addie, Lucie and Hailey

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Ammy, woo tell THE best jokes! Those were Siberific! Thanks, sweetie-pie!

    jack a-ro & miss moo

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are too FUNNY!!! Thanks for the Friday laughs!

    Woofs and Kisses!
    The Fiesty Three

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, Ammy! Your weather jokes are funny!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  25. You're right, Ammy. That last one is bad. My favorite was your first one. Mom often asks me if my paw has fallen off. I should ask if he was on a ladder.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't heard of weather labs before! Only black, golden and chocolate labs...

    ReplyDelete
  27. you are too handsome!
    Thanks for the jokes, they gave me & mum quite a giggle!
    Kodi x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hee! Hee! Great jokes, as usual, Ammy! :-) And hey - I LOVE your denim bed cover - so "different" and stylish!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete