Who We Are

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Turkey!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats! It's me - Zim! So there I was the other day, tooling down the road in the car with Mom, when ...

IMG_0037

Can you see them!!?!? Here ... let me use the Zimustrator ...

IMG_0037mark

At #1, we've got a tom turkey! And look at #2! It's his wife and some babies!

Tom tried to distract us, while his wife and the kids sought safety in the grass.

IMG_0040 Zim spots the tom turkey
"Tom! Wait! It's me - Zim!"

I did a little photo magic on that, so you can see Tom real well -- and my snooter over there on the right!

IMG_0039 Tom Turkey
Tom Turkey

Tom stayed right in the road, so his family would be safe. I can respect that in a guy! By the time we caught up to him, he was meeting back up with everyturkey.

IMG_0041 Zim spots the turkey!
"Hey, Tom! Give my best to the wife and kids!"

Oh... and ...

IMG_0042 The boys spot the turkeys

... did I mention Dave was with us, too?

Play bows,
Zim

18 comments:

  1. Oh my word....Good find Zim. They better run and hide..November is a coming..
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have interesting adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you handsome boys have Turkey TV in the car, that's awesome!!...Have a fun day sweet friends, stay cool...kisses and hugs...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom Turkey looks brave to me :-)

    Wizz

    ReplyDelete
  5. They must be careful, not all doggies and drivers are nice as you are!

    Kisses
    Rufus and Indie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool to see Tom and his family! Do you think they were on their way to the Kansas Ocean, Zim?

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think if I was a turkey and I lived in the States, I'd be trying to hide too!!

    Looks pretty hot at your place, keep cool my friends.

    Poppy Q

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I haven't never seen a Turkey likes that up close before! Not even on Turkey day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zim, did they look like Rio Grande turkeys? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Turkey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Zim!
    Sure it was nice to see Tom Turkey and his family!
    Happy Saturday!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a good guy that Tom is to protect his family like that!! Great find Zim!!

    Smileys & Snuggles!
    Dory, Jacob and Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, never seen a wild turkey before. That would be cool. We have a lot of geese around here that is about all we see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tom must not have recognized you in the car Zim because we're sure he would've come over to say Hi if he knew it was you! How do you and Dave fit in the front seat of a car?

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have wild turkeys here, too, as urban as it is here. It can sometimes be scary to see them perched on the power lines..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe your mom didn't let you guys out to say hello! Oh well, at least Tom and his family made it across the road safely!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehehe Zimmie I nearly had no idea Davy was there too!

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, how cool is that to see turkeys walking along the road?? We'd never see that where we live. I'm glad your mom had her camera handy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, well that is your Christmas Dinner sorted! Or perhaps a wee bit earlier, your Thanksgiving.

    Not that my Jeannie has ever watched endless repeats on the tv of Friends!! ha ha!

    laughing Marvin is is just Canta-louping up here.

    phew!

    ReplyDelete