Who We Are

Friday, August 24, 2012

Another Job Idea!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim!  As many of you know, I decided to get a job this Summer giving tours of the Kansas Ocean.  (Click here for a reminder.)  As crazy as this may sound, I didn't get many tourists coming in - perhaps it was due to the drought and the hot, hot temperatures.  The Kansas Ocean wasn't looking its best this year.  Whatever the case, I've decided it's time to move on and look for another job.

DSCN4263 Zim
"What to do, what to do..."

I left the trolley behind (can you see it down there, behind me?) and started looking around.  The answer was right in front of me!

DSCN4262 Zim
"Our new fire station!  This would be perfect!"

Our city just built two new fire stations - Fire House #3 is across town and Fire House #5 is right here in our neighborhood!  I'm sure they could use someone like me around here - don't you think?

DSCN4267 Zim
"I wonder if I should go drop off my resumé?"

I wish I had met the Dalmatian when I went to the city Fire Department Headquarters back in April; I'm sure he or she would have put a good word in for me.

DSCN4268 Zim
"This would be so cool!"

Can't you just see me riding around on a fire engine?  I wonder if I could ride shotgun in that big pumper truck?  This is a great idea!

DSCN4265 Zim

The station is up and running, and I understand they're having an Open House in a week or two.  I should swing by then and offer up my services!

DSCN4269 Zim
"This is one of the best plans I've ever come up with!"

We got back into our car and headed home. Dave's going to help me punch up my resumé a little bit before the Open House.  This is really going to be cool!

Play bows,
Zim

22 comments:

  1. You would be an awesome fire house dog! Maybe you'd get to wear a red helmet?

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see you on the fire truck. It is a brilliant idea. But I am not sure how you will fit it in with all your other duties. When will you sleep? But I wish you the best on the interview.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Sam a red helmet would look so cool. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you have two fire stations in your neighborhood..you must have alot of moms that burn hotdogs in kansas??
    I think you would look just super riding on a fire engine all dressed up and wearing a red hat..
    Maybe when the preschoolers come to learn about stop drop and roll you could show them what to do!
    I bet you would get lots of hugs from them!!
    Just Me
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zim, I think you would be a great asset to the new fire house. That sure is a snazzy looking fire house they built.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zim, those firefighters would love to have you on board! They need your expertise with directions to tell them which way to go in those big trucks too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we think that would be a great job for you....if nothing else, think of all the new guys you could get to give you treats!!!

    BTW - mom said NO WAY is Gin staying....none of them are. Gin is just being cute this week is all...plus mom was feeling bad that her brothers were getting all the attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a TOTALLY grreat idea! You could be the official navigator to fires! Think of all the lives you could save.

    PeeS: I'm still trying to talk Momma into visiting the Kansas Ocean. When we go, I still want a tour, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Zim - may-b u cood b a good-neighber laison, sort of go-beteen - between u an'the neigorhood. We think u wood b good at that an'the neighborhood knowz u.
    Shiloh'n Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  10. You would make a great fire dog

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grrrrrreat Idea.... You could ride Shotgun and hang your head out and go WOOOOOO WOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOO

    to keep everybuddy Out of the way!!

    I think it was the HEAT and DROUGHT.. Certainly NOT a reflection on YOUR Skills.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Y'all!

    Just trying to get around and visit all my friends I've been missing. Hope y'all are havin' a great day!

    I've got some good news for you in tomorrow's post!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  13. well rats, Zim! we're sorry we didn't make it in time for a Kansas Ocean tour, what with the distance and the whole "not allowed out of the house"... we think you're just the pup to keep a fire station in line. your navigation skills would be indispensible! good luck!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  14. if you paste dots on you, you can be a fire doggy. Thanks for the stroll
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was too hot for us to be vacationing this summer, otherwise the Kansas Ocean would have been #1 on our list. But this firehouse idea is a real winner, you would get to ride with the firepeople and make all kinds of green papers to boot.

    Good going, Zim!

    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woo would make a pawsome mascot, Zim! I'll bet riding on those trucks is really, really fun, too! With your Zim Zen skills, woo would be an awesome addition to any emergency scene - woo could calm any critters or mini bipeds and help them feel safe during the crisis. Paws crossed woo get the job!

    Jack a-roo & Miss Moo

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's really Great Zim!! You and Dave would definitely make pawsome fire house dogs!! You'd both look so handsome in uniforms!! ;-))

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Zim!
    It is a super idea!
    I am sure they will be happy to have you there with them!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea, you would look totally cool sitting up there. I hope they give you one of those cool fireman hats to wear and that you get to make siren go off. Good luck.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, they are such amazing Fire Houses. We think you would make a fantastic Firemans Mate although we wouldn't want to think of you getting into our dangerous spots :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. We feel certain that you'll get the job, Zim! What a beautiful firehouse!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't know, Zim, sounds like a lot of work to me and I don't trust those spotted dogs. Maybe you should stick to Kansas ocean life guard.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete