Who We Are

Monday, August 20, 2012

Adventure "How To"

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim, here with a quick "how to" for you today!  Some of you might be wondering how I manage to get to go on all those cool adventures Mom takes me on, so I thought I'd put a short tutorial together for you.  Let's get started!

First, lay around and act bored.

IMG_0381 Zim
"I'm sooooo bored..."

(I got bonus points there for bunching my quilt up, throwing it off my bed, and using it as a pillow -- but I'm a professional.  Work your way up to the extras!)

Once your biped has seen how totally bored you are, look him or her straight in the eye and assure him/her that you can handle things yourself.

IMG_0388 Zim
"Oh, don't worry about me!  I can find my own entertainment!"

It helps tremendously to get a little sparkle of mischief in your eyes - and, of course, being a Siberian Husky works to your benefit.  I'm pretty sure in the breed standard they mention something about keeping us gainfully occupied -- or else.  Ha roo roo roo.

Before too long - pretty much the time it might take my mom to find her glasses, grab her purse, and get my leash - you will be asked if you'd like to go somewhere.  Act surprised!!!  Don't let your biped know that you've planned this -- it's important that he or she thinks it was his/her own idea!

IMG_0384 Zim
"Who, me?!?  Why, yes... yes, I would like to go have some fun!  What a great idea!"

And then ... you will end up somewhere like this:

IMG_0390 Zim
"Wowzers!  Tuttle Creek Dam/Lake/Reservoir/Ocean!  I haven't been here in ages!"

Yep!  The wildflower I showed you at the end of yesterday's post was from a trip out to Tuttle Creek Dam!  I hadn't been there in a long time and it was just great to go have a look around!

IMG_0391 Zim

The water sure is low.  I hope we get some rain before too long.  It almost looks like rain out over the water, doesn't it?  But no.  Nothing.

We walked around a bit, watched some people fishing, then just gazed out at the water.

IMG_0392 Zim
"This is great, isn't it, Mom?"

Trust me, your biped will enjoy it every bit as much as you do!

And that, my friends, is how to get out on a cool adventure!  I hope you'll give my tutorial a try.  Let me know how it goes for you - and hey!  Maybe we'll run into each other while we're out exploring!

Play bows,
Zim

23 comments:

  1. BOL - Monty always acts like he has to re-arrange his schedule to accommodate us!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a grreat idea! I'm definitely going to have to try this on Momma now that it's finally starting to get cooler. We had rain here this weekend that helped a little with our lakes, but they're still pretty low!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have your humans trained so well. I need to work on that.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like that worked wonders. sounds like you had a great adventure. we would take your advice into consideration, but we prefer to keep our adventures inside. MOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should really write your own book on how to train humans. You are very good at it!

    What a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great training of you biped Zim. Hats off to you. Have a great Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. We think you have perfected the art of working your Mom to take you out. Good job of training...
    We are going to note how you do that...
    Tailwags
    Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That must have been a real nice walk and your mom didn't even put you in the stroller!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zim you are a master manipulator!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just think how many bones you could earn if you traveled the country or world teaching us all the great stuff you know. I will be working on this today, as I know MOM is going to a baseball game and they say I can't go. We'll see how well I learned what you taught me. I'll let ya know.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your strategy is exemplary, and your acting was fabulous. Good thing your human fell for it. Anyway, you both benefit from fresh air:)

    Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! I am off to see if that will work for me.... Of course I would much rather Beth grab my football and instead of going to the water -- the football field....I'm just saying....

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMD OMD.... THIS is JUST the kind of thingy we need fur Our Back To School BASH... CLASSES. You should teach it again on Sept. 12th. beclaws we ALL love to Manipulate.. Manage.. ENCOURAGE our Peeps to do Stuffs like this fur us.

    BRAVO... VERY WELL DONE!!! I took NOTES.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zim, you are certainly a pro at that! The water is really low at the Tuttle Creek Ocean. Are they releasing anything through the tubes so the water downstream stays up? You might need another field trip to find out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are absolutely brilliant, Zim! We're on it!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  16. All I can say Zimmie, is that you have your mum wrapped around your paw.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice one, Zim! we took notes for Wriggley :) do you have an tips for adventures that don't involve car rides?

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for those instructions Zim
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  19. good tips

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://www.dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice one Zimmy!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent, I took notes and will try this and get back to you on my progress. Thank you.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Thanks for the tip. That is kind of what I do too, but I do sometimes moan and thump my tail, is that OK? PeeWee has no class. He stares at the leashes.

    The Kansas Ocean is shrinking? That isn't right. Maybe the tide was just out.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous4:41 PM

    yup, you definitely have Mom wrapped around a furry paw Zim!! How come Dave doesn't get to go too??? Just curious...paw pats, Savannah

    ReplyDelete