Who We Are

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Tooth Brushing!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  Today, we have a little photo tutorial for you about brushing your teeth!  Or actually of letting your biped brush your teeth.  Whatever.  Anyway, Dave and I have shown you before how both he and I can be pretty cooperative about having ours brushed.  I just thought I'd post a photo reminder about doing the brushing!  (And mom apologizes in advance for the poor quality of the photos; apparently it's hard to brush my teeth and take pix at the same time.  Go figure.)

The first step around here for my sessions seems to be getting me tired.  Fancy that.  Once I'm tired, Mom makes her approach:

IMG_0138 Approaching our subject...
"Zzzzz...."

Before I even know what's going on, I've got this yummy poultry-flavored goop in my mouth.

IMG_0139 Zim
"Mmm!  Poultry!"

I can't get enough of that stuff; Mom knows that once I taste it, I'm totally in for the brushing!

IMG_0141 Zim
Check my pupil.  Do I look a tad excited?!?

IMG_0144 Zim
"Dish toonf psnst ish grent schtuff!"

Sorry.  Hard to talk while you're brushing your teeth.  But seriously, the toothpaste is the key for me.  

IMG_0145 Zim
"Looks like we're out of ammo, Mom..."

I have to say, Mom's pretty good about re-loading the brush.  And then - we're back in business!

IMG_0147 Zim
"Dish ish more like it!"

Check out this action shot:

IMG_0148 Zim
Mom's like a buzz-saw with that thing!

Davy actually uses a battery-operated brush.  That thing freaks me out, so we stay with the old-school brush!

Now... just a little more on the other side ...

IMG_0149 Zim

... and I'm good to go!

The final step, of course, is to check out your million dollar smile:

IMG_0152 Checking his reflection
"Oh, yeah!  Looking good!"


And that's how my tooth brushing sessions are done!  How about you?  I hope you're taking good care of your pearly whites!

Play bows,
Zim

18 comments:

  1. You are a way cool toothbrusher, Zim and I wish I was too. I just don't like anything about it, even the chicken toothpaste. I get lots of bones to chew on, and I know that does me pretty good because my teeths are nice and white. But its not as good as what you do, Zim! I gotta work on this!

    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam hides when he sees the toothbrush so I have to sneak up on him with one of those fingertip brushes. I've never met a dog more opposed to grooming!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. How good are you guys. Show me the toothbrush and I will show you a clean pair of heels. Have a fabulous weekend.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah......Dolly and I are really good about brushing but Maui makes the word co-operate obsolete. Cats aren't nearly as simple as us pups. Mom ran out of our toothpaste once and that's when we found out about something called Crest. Now she has to put a teensy bit on the brush along with our paste or we give her the clamped mouth routine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zim you are a trooper. I am not a fan of the tooth brushing. I do bone and sticks. But I know that the brushing would be much better. Bert lets his Vickie use an electric brush just like Dave. That's even worse for me.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the smile today Zim. I love all the pictures (blurry or not) of your teeth brushing action.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ernie and I LOVE to have our teefs brushed. We use Chicken Flavored Paste stuffs and we both have Old School brushes. When I had my Physical this March... my dogtor gave mom and I BOTH A+ fur brushing.

    YOU are a SUPER BRUSHER FUR SURE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure was fun watching you get your teeth brushed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a great demonstration Zim! We giggled at you checking out your smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a good sport you are Zim!!
    Bet you're all "minty fresh" or shall we say "poultry fresh" now! ;-)

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, you are very good at brushing. We are so impressed that you both brush.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's amazing! I have to admit, that looks a little skeery to me. Cinderella and I have special chews that keep our smiles pretty instead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yikes.ou are giving mom ideas!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  14. We just love the picture of you taking a look at yourself in the "mirror", Zim!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zim, we like how you've commandeered a new bed for yourself :D

    our toothpaste is vanilla and we love it too! ...as long as we can just lick it off the brush... your puppy expression as you wait for the re-loading is too cute :)

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so good Zimmie! I won't let mum do that to me.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you did good, now my mom will expect the three of us to let her do that to us without all the fuss we usually put out there...that and nailclipping we hate hate hate!
    Stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous6:00 PM

    OMC!!! I can't even imagine allowing Dad or Mom to do that to me!! But of course I don't allow anyone to pick me up either...so getting my nails clipped is a chore! sigh...good for you guys though...toofie brushing is an impawtant pawt of a doggy and kitty's hygiene, paw pats, Savannah

    ReplyDelete