Who We Are

Monday, August 06, 2012

Fun in the Garden

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim!  As I promised yesterday, I'm back to share some more pix of me out exploring our gardens!  Before I got down the steps and into the backyard, Mom asked if I wanted to see something cool.  How could I resist!?!  We went down here:

IMG_0088 Zim
"Ha ROO!"
Me!  Going where no Siberian has gone before!

It was a great moment, as you can tell from the photo.  It's one of the side tiers on the north-ish side of our house.  Mom and Dad totally redid the tier this year and now there's room for me to go down and check it out!

IMG_0090 Zim
"This is great, Mom!"

Mom put those cool rocks in there, so I thought I'd pose by them.

That area was crowded by some bushes that died out, so Dad dug them up and Mom planted new stuff (some Echinacea, a Russian Sage, and a Maiden Grass).  To make it easier for Mom to get into that tier to pull weeds and stuff, Dad build this cool set of steps:

IMG_0091 Zim
"Nice job, Dad!"

Now Mom (and the meter reader!) can get down there lots easier.

It was my first time going down -- then climbing up -- the steps.  It went really well for me - a little bit close quarters, but Mom said after the lilac bushes bloom next Spring, she'll trim them back a tad more and it'll be good to go.

IMG_0092 Zim
"Piece of cake!"

Dad built another set of steps over on the south-ish side of the house, and I can't wait to try those!  They're lots higher, though, so Mom thought we'd start with these ones.

I decided to have a little fun on my way up.  I mean ... you guys know me by now, right?

IMG_0093 Zim
"HEY!  What's this in here?!?!"

Ha roo roo roo.  I love trying to freak my mom out in the garden.  Unfortunately, it didn't work in there.  There IS one part of the garden where she always gets a bit of the heebie-jeebies, though... right ...

IMG_0100 Zim
Zimmle Mawson, Explorer Pup!

... right in there.  It's a space between one of the retaining walls and a group of Eskimo Viburnum.  It's near where our control panel and post for the outdoor lighting and outlets are (you can see the post in yesterday's pic of Fluffy Black) and sometimes the rocks don't quite cover all the cables that lead out to it.  When Mom goes in there to rake or to trim the viburnum, she always has to remind herself - it's electrical cords, not a sneaky snake!  Of course, she got down in there one day, doing her thing and got a little freaked out when she saw something - then tried to calm herself with the "No!  It's just an electric----" only it wasn't.  It was a big ol' sneaky snake.  Ha roo roo roo!!!  Priceless, folks.  Just priceless.

So ... I know what you're wondering.  Did I act like I found something?  Did I pounce?  Did I jump?  Did I try my bestest to freak my mom out?

IMG_0112 Zim
"Wow, Mom.  You can work up some speed when you really want to!"

Who ... me?  C'mon!  How well do you know me?

Ha roo roo roo.

Play bows,
Zim

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:42 AM

    I'd be right with your Mom, working up a speed to impress any athlete if I spotted a snake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes MOM gets a hold of a sneaky snake when she is pulling weeds. She can jump pretty good. hahah.
    Zim you won't want to miss tomorrow post. I've got something special to show you.
    Thanks for the extend tour of you great garden.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. ewwww we hate sneaky snakes....ewwww...
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. your garden looks nice

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhh........Our sister Maui loves to catch snakes. That's why our mom has what she calls French doors to the lanai - she won't let Maui in til she sees what's in Maui's mouth! We just bark at them til they slide away.
    Bryn and Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tease my mom about those sneaky s-words, because she might have a heart attack and I'd have to find a new furever home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you the tour Zim. We are jealous of your garden
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sneaky snake .......run run run. Have a great evening.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mom was walking a cat at Best Friends the other day and was told that back where Koda hunts lizards someone saw a snake - and mom told Koda they were walking in the other direction. MOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden looks nice Zim and we're glad you got to explore it more. As for the sneaky snake, if our mommy was there and saw one she'd be in NE before she'd stop running!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zimmle Mawson, Explorer Pup! Good work my friend, good work.

    Huffle Mawson, Explorer Cat

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen my snake friend in a long time. Do you think he went to some water or something?

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snake..!? Yikes..!
    Your garden sure is beautiful Zim! You are one hard working pup! Thanks for always taking us on a tour in your gorgeous garden!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. mol! but then our mom freaks out from plastic spiders... :P Think of it as you were helping your mom out with some interval training :D

    we love how your yard is landscaped, Zim. It looks like a lot of fun to explore!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zim, my Mommy is up on a chair right now just thinking about sneaky snake. I am not aloud to ever tease her about snakes. You are funny though, I love seeing the yard through your eyes.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Our mom doesn't like snakes either, Zim. She normally screams bloody murder when she sees one. Wonder what the neighbors think?

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous5:55 PM

    you sir are a husky and we know you guys like to freak out your bipeds with your antics!! Even if you are 12 1/2 years old!! You crazy guy!! paw pats, Savannah

    ReplyDelete