Who We Are

Monday, June 17, 2019

About That Closet!

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie!  The other day, I showed you the ever-so-interesting closet in the Studio.  Mom was unable to get video of me opening the closet door, but trust me, it's a piece of cake.  You might be wondering what's so interesting in there.

Some of Mom's friends who know I've been checking out things in the closet wondered if I'm getting interested in fabric like my great-brother Dave.  Our mom is color blind and he worked very hard as her Guide Dog For The Color Blind.  He had a remarkable affinity for putting colors together.  But me?  No.  Let's take a look at what I find so fascinating ...

IMG_9166MaggieStudioCloset
"Oh, hey.  Look at that.  The door popped right open!"

Can you see them up there?  They used to be on a lower shelf, before I learned how to open the doors.  Take a look:

IMG_9087StudioCloset
A bunch of Siberian stuffies and a Koala Bear

I mean ... do they all look interesting, or what?!?  Our great-brother Zimmie's girlfriend Sitka sent him the little Siberian holding the purple heart.  Is that sweet?  I just want to see it.  Reeeeeeally.

Let's see what else is in there ...

IMG_9165MaggieStudioCloset
"Yeah.  Further to the right!!!"

The closet goes the length of the room -- look down the line a bit!!!

IMG_9088StudioCloset
It's Roger and Ted!!!

My mentor Teddy Westlife's great-sister Huffle Mawson sent Roger the Rat to Zimmie -- all the way from Australia!   For some reason, I've only gotten to meet Roger one time, and that was years ago when I was a puppy!  Even Cam doesn't get access to Roger.  Why?  I had to check the archives.  Apparently she wanted him as badly as I do.

Ted is a friend of Mom's from when she was a biped kind of puppy.  He gets a really high shelf and hasn't made an appearance in the Studio itself since ... well, anytime I can remember!  I'd just like to say, "Ha roo!" to him!  Honest!

So then, we have ...

IMG_9167MaggieStudioCloset
"Can I help you, Mom?"
"Maggie, would you please stop opening the closet doors?!?"

Not any time soon, no.  Too many interesting things in there.  Maybe I'll get to meet one of the special stuffies now that I'm a really good puppy!

I'll keep you posted.

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

5 comments:

  1. OMD, why would she put all those lovely stuffies away on shelves in a dark closet?! Hasn't she seen Toy Story? Toys want to be LOVED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't believe your mom won't let you play with any of those stuffies. Our mom was ooohing and ahhhing over your mom's fabric. Those quilters always like seeing each other's stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie I am with you I would also spend hours looking at the colorful shelves and STUFFIES!!!
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROGER! He looks well.

    Also mum wanted to know if your mum still had all that fabric she sent over years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an awesome closet. Maybe you and Cammie can work together to help yourselves to at least some of the stuffies. But you probably should leave your mom's favorite ones for her to play with. ~ nose nudges Bonnie Pup

    ReplyDelete