Who We Are

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hold On To Your Hats!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me - Zim!  Like so many of you, I just LOVE to go for car rides!  Of course, at this time of the year, I only get to go if we're going somewhere that I can go in - or if we aren't getting out of the car and can keep the air conditioning going.  You're used to seeing me like this:

IMG_9659 Zim
"OK... now turn this way out of the driveway..."

Yep.  Me, navigating for my mom.  (She's got some LOVELY nose art on her dashboard, doesn't she?)  Mom and I go all kinds of cool places together.  So imagine my surprise the other day when my dad said he was going for a quick spin - and invited me to ride along!!!  WOWZERS!

We went out to the garage and I jumped up into the SUV.  Dad's Tilley hat was on the front seat, so I assumed he wanted me to put it on.

IMG_1012 Zim
"Let's hit the road, Dad!"

How do I look? 

IMG_1014 Zim

Wait ... I think it's slipping ...

IMG_1017 Zim
"Who turned out the lights?"

By the time we got all the way to the end of the driveway, I had it sorted out.

IMG_1020 Zim
"OK, Dad!  I'm good to go!
Now... do you know which way to turn out of the driveway,
or are your navigation skills better than Mom's?  Ha roo roo roo!"

I had a blast tooling around town with Dad!  We didn't go anywhere special, but it was special just going!

Play bows,
Zim

17 comments:

  1. Zim, you look very dashing in the Tilley hat! we love the dashboard decorations. Our mom's truck has Lab fur upholstery! It's a good thing your folks have you to make sure they don't get lost :) have a great weekend!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our sisfur Sadie would say Ha roo roo to the lights being turned out! You do look dashing in that hat and we're glad you had a good time telling your dad where to go! MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww...you look so cute and dashing. I think the hat should belong to you from now on. Who turned off the lights? Muahahahaha. Piggies wheaked too.

    I'll be back,
    Sankissjuice

    ReplyDelete
  4. we love your hat!! sometimes the journey is much more fun than the destination - glad you got some dad time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm, you get to ride in the FRONT SEAT?! Mom and Dad said that's against the laws! We have to ride in the back! And when we try to sneak over the center console we get yelled at to back up. But don't worry, the rear side windows are COVERED in nose-art and black furz! heheheh
    Licks & Puppy Kisses,
    Kylie & Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all about the journey, right?

    Looking mighty fine in your sporty hat.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your hat looks amazing! I didn't think it was possible for you to get any handsomer, but that hat might just do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lookin good in the hat Zim. I too love going in the Blazer. I don't care where as long as I get to go. And for me that's EVERYDAY! We are blessed pups I tell ya what.
    Blessings,
    Gosoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:19 PM

    aiiiieeyiyiyi...Zim!! You look totally FAB in that Tilly hat...it's yours now, right????...no, really...well just lick it some and plant some special Sibe fur on it...and it is totally YOURS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Looking very handsome and dapper in your Explorer hat there my friend!!!

    Enjoy your weekend! Hi to Dave!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh we like those car rides!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're with you, Zim - who cares where you're going as long as you get to go too! We love the hat!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kiska says you are really styling in the Tilley. Can you imagine the two of you together showing off the hats?

    (Er, and Q-Tip would like some lessons in being cool).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zim, normally I am not a fan of Tilley hats, but on you I will definitely make an exception! You are one cool dude.

    Cindy & Nina

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE going in the car! This time of year is the worst b/c I hardly get to go anywhere. BOO HEAT! BOO!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  16. But we need an answer to the question - is dad a better navigator than mum?

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zim, you look especially handsome in that hat. I think it really makes you look like an adventurous explorer.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete