Who We Are

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  Oh, you may have thought since I chose the title of an old jazz classic for the title of my post that it would be Dave - but no!  It's me!  So there we were yesterday:  Dave was on Guard Duty in the kitchen, Mom was out in the gardens moving rocks around (don't ask me!), and I was at the front window giving Dad a little advice on his golf swing.

IMG_9554 Zim
"Bend at the hips, Dad!  That's good!  Keep your back straight!"

Then ... Mom must have snuck up behind me and snapped a photo.

IMG_9546 Zim
Me - swing coach

I couldn't be interrupted - I was too busy analyzing Dad's swing.

IMG_9547 Zim
"Keep the tilt in your shoulders, but close them up a bit!"

Oh.  Yeah.  The cushions from the sitzbank?  All part of being Dad's swing coach.  Sometimes I get so frustrated with him, I throw the pillows on the floor!  But as they say, "It don't mean a thing!"

Play bows,
Zim

PS:  Yes, it was me.  I'm not going to try to hide it.  I tossed the pillows on the floor - but I have a history of doing it very neatly (click here).  I mean - I was named after a Drill Sergeant!

17 comments:

  1. keep up the coaching - we are sure your dad will have it down in no time. MOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tough work training... I hope you rewarded him with some Wally Mellon!

    Licks,
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My MOM wants to know if you could help her with her swing. I don't know much about the game other than it involves a stick. Do you hire out? I can provide all the pillows you will need, and you just might need a lot!
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. mol! Zim, your focus is to be commended! :D we love the reflection picture. We had to look hard to see you :)

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The secret is to NEVER ADMIT it was you.

    Good coaching.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our Work is NEVER done. Right fellas?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes when humans don't do things correctly, a dog gets frustrated. At least you took it out on the pillows and not on cute Dave.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  8. With your help, your dad just might become pretty good at that golf thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness Zim, you have so much work to do!
    Keep up the good work although, like us, your humans need a good deal of training!
    They are lucky to have you although we reckon we can hear your mom complaining as she picks up those cushions!
    You know what they are like - neat freaks!!!
    love
    Martha & Bailey xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dad is going to get his golf handicap right down with your assistance, Zimmie!

    Huffs

    p.s. I have no comment on the cushions. Although we could blame Teddy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:02 PM

    Zim, Zim, Zim...never, never, never ADMIT anything! Seriously!!..at least throw the blame on the wind when the front door was open, or someone running by and knocking them off...come on dude, we have a reps to protect...always blame the peeps or Mom Nature!! And for the golf coaching...what king'a benefits do ya get for that??huh, huh?? bet ya never thought of that! I would at least go for extra walkies and more bikkies...just sayin'...we used to have Sibes in this house and I kind'a know what ya can negotiate for..go for it (whispers behing paw...include the old guy, Dave...make his day...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you just have to work non-stop there! Momma and I really love those snazzy pictures of you and Dave on the door, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sure your Dad appreciates your help with his swing!
    Aaaand... good job with those pillows!
    I love to do that too!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woozers, your dad is sooo lucky to have an in-house coach!
    ha-roo roo ro, get it?..... "in-house" coach!

    Jack a-doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've got the perfect coach spot, in the window. And the pillows, that's funny

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Zim!! You are one busy and hardworking pup!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great coach you are. I am sure dad is improving by leaps and bounds thanks to you. The cushions? I think they actually lend a casual "lived in" look to your estate in their current configuration.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete