Who We Are

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Indoor Football

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim, here with more about what I did after my long vet visit the other day.  After a short nap, an even shorter walk (it was mega-hot), and a bite to eat, it was time for some fun!  Football sounded good, only Mom has this crazy rule about "no footballs in the house". Yeah ... well, Dave, Dad and I decided to play anyway, only without the ball.

IMG_9922 Indoor football
"That works, right?!?"
"Come on, Zim!  Me and Dad against you!"

Tell me that doesn't sound like fun!  It was great!  So great, in fact, that I'm switching over to cartoon mode like I like to do.  Let's play football!!!

IMG_9921fx Indoor football
"You're going down, Dad!  Ha roo!!!"
"Blue 92!  Blue 92!  Woo!  Woo!  Woooo!"

Dad was the center and Dave was the quarterback.  I was the entire opposing team.  

IMG_9920fx Indoor football

Dave did a quarterback run (probably because he didn't have any  retrievers  receivers to throw to) and scored!   It was a great game!

For the next round, us guys took on Dad!  Since Dave did such a great job as quarterback during the first game, we decided he should hold the same position on our all-Sibe team.  We had a special trick play all set to spring on Dad!

IMG_9927fx Indoor football
"Red 47!  Red 47!  Ha woo!"

As you can see, I was in the GO mode as soon as Dave finished the snap count!  Then we launched the play!

IMG_9928fx Indoor football
"Got it, Dave!!"

That's right - the ol' Statue of Liberty Play!  As Dave went back to pass, I ran up behind him, took the ball from him and ran up the field with it!  We completed our play before Dad knew what hit him!  We stopped to mug for the camera like football players like to do:

IMG_9925fx Indoor football
"Hi, Mom!"
"Hi, Mom!"
"Dave, I think I'm the one who's supposed to tackle Zim, not you..."

Dad's got a different notion about football than we do.  Ha roo roo roo!  Oh, and note Dad is the only one not looking at the camera.  Bipeds!

We played another round of the tall guys against me - 

IMG_9931fx Indoor football
Dave doing a quarterback sneak!

- I'm not sure who won, but I know we all had a blast!

I wish you all had been there with us!  I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind.  I mean - it's not like we were playing with a ball - right?!?  Ha roo!

Play bows,
Zim

20 comments:

  1. You boys (all three of you) sure look like you were having a great time. I can't believe you still had energy for that after your marathon vet visit!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time. Mummy tries to tease us with a "pretend" ball sometimes, but we usually don't want to play with those. However, lazer pen is a great game :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fun.....makes mom even more excited for football this fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW! Yes! I wish I had been there too! I love every sort of game that involves tackling.

    That was a really good way to work around the rule!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would call that AIR ball!!! What a grrrreat time you had!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOO HOO! Oh I so wish I could have been there. I am a GREAT running back. I have never been tackled, not once! Oh yea the Statue of Liberty play that's a good one. And the score does not matter as long as fun fun fun was had by all.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, the link just worked! Wonder what that error 404 is? We are always getting it.
    Great pics of you boys having fun playing football - impressive tackle skills!
    Not bad after a visit to the vet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sure looks like a fun game of football to us and nobody gets in trouble! What could be better!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow,You guys are really good at football, and in the house even,and with dad even. That's fun. We would have loved to been on your teams.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like so much fun! Just give me a minute to pack and I'm heading over to join the team!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like fun....mind if I join in?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dad needs to go back and take some Stormy photo lessons. Oh wait; maybe he already did.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who needs a ball? That looks like SERIOUS fun! We've been thinking about you with all the heat you've been getting; surely the Kansas Ocean has dried up by now... Stay cool, boys!

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, that is the best football game I've ever watched! So........who's going to Disney World?

    ReplyDelete
  15. woo hoo! we love cartoon mode :D since your dad was playin with you two and your mom was picture takin, we think you're both safe. Play on! say, we need a no balls or throwing stuff rule here...for our mom! SHE knocks stuff of the walls, mol!

    Pip, Smidgen, minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope the Chiefs pick up some moves from you boys! You had so much fun even without a football. Maybe next time you can play with one of Dave's squeaky toys!

    ReplyDelete
  17. BOL, pops is outta control
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  18. What FUN!!! Wish i could join in too!

    Cheers
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous11:09 PM

    Oh My Cat!!! Zim..you guys could totally play with our favorite Niners!!! harrooo woo woo!!!...You have the color just right..well...errrr...ummmm...Dad maybe not so much...but Zim and Dave...red and black...totally Niner colors!!! come on out and let's go to a game!! play bows, Savvy Pee Ess...Zim..I have ya on my waiting list for back up CHAMPION

    ReplyDelete
  20. Action packed zoomie time in the house is always great, with or without a real football. Going head to head with dad! Awesome.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete