Who We Are

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Serene Scenery Sunday

Woo, everypup and everycat.  It's me, Dave, here with another round of Serene Scenery Sunday.  Many of the plants in our garden are still in full bloom, so let's take a spin around the yard and not do too much chit-chatting, OK?

Let's start with some Tomato Soup!

IMG_9864 Tomato Soup Echinacea
Tomato Soup Echinacea

I don't have a grilled cheese sandwich to go with that for you, but I do have a Flame Thrower Echinacea:

DSCN4121 Flame Thrower Echinacea
Flame Thrower Echinacea

They aren't as full as they had been, but they're still cool-looking!

The Butterfly Weed is going strong:

DSCN4167 Butterfly Weed
Butterfly Weed

Nearby are the Lavender plants:

DSCN4162 Lavender
Blue Fragrant Lavender

...and just over the wall from them, on the very bottom tier, are the Crape Myrtle:

IMG_9764 Crape Myrtle
Crape Myrtle

Let's pan out a bit, so you can get the full effect:

DSCN4153 Tier shot

Just beyond the Crape Myrtle are the three Rose of Sharon bushes with the white blooms; here are a few close-ups for you:

DSCN4155 Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon

DSCN4156 Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon

DSCN4160 Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon

We just love the crisp white against our blue Kansas sky!

The other Rose of Sharon bush is still in bloom, too:

DSCN4150 Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon

I hope the walk through our gardens helped you find a bit of serenity.  I'll leave you with perhaps the most serene pic of them all ... me, in my most peaceful state of mind:

IMG_9752 Dave
Me and my mom.  Total bliss.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Luv,
Dave

15 comments:

  1. I love the color of the tomato soup flower. Your mom sure makes a good pillow to sleep on.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job keeping all those plants alive!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Rosie Sharons are blooming ALREADY??? Ours won't do that fur a few weeks yet.

    Your flowers are gorgeous.. and now my mom is wandering around saying Tomato Soup and Grrrrrrrilled Cheese. THAT is some MAJOR comfort Food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some beautiful flowers. thanks for sharing. Our Rose of Sharon isn't blooming yet but it won't be too long before we can see them.
    Wags
    Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  5. what beautiful colors
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. what beautiful colors
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors in your garden are just beautiful, Dave!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the white Rose of Sharon. They're beautiful flowers.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some beautiful flowers. Love the Rose of Sharon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved all the photos. But that last one made me slip on to my MOM's feet and say awe. Yep I am relaxed and feeling good now.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garden is so pretty! Our Grandpa in Kansas says his yard is one big crack from all the heat and everything is burning up. We hope you all get some relief soon! Davy, you are such a sweet boy! Our mommy wants to hug you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you lost us at grilled cheese sammich, Dave :D
    Your yard and flowers are beautiful! we hope you enjoyed your serene zone :)

    Pip, Smidgen, minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dave, These photos are absolutely lovely. I have a question for your mom. Could you please bark it to her? Does she use her iphone to take these nice photos? Is it the iphone 3G or 4? I am considering getting one so that I can snap sharp photos for my blog. I like what you have got. Send me some advice, yea? Thanks. paw five!!!!!

    I'll be back,
    Sankissjuice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Butterfly weed is my new favorite perennial this year. What a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete