Who We Are

Monday, July 30, 2012

Directions?!?

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim!  As many of you know, as Working Breed pups, Dave and I need and have many, many jobs here at Ao4 Headquarters.  One of the hats I wear (so to speak) is that of navigator.  Mom just ... how to put this nicely? ... is navigation-challenged, so I help her get from Point A to Point B.  I can always get us to where we're going ... or at least to somewhere fun!

So ... a week or two ago, Mom wanted to go to some place that was way out in the country where she'd never gone before.  Dad strongly recommended she take me - for what should be obvious reasons.  Here we are, heading out:

IMG_9868 Zim
"Zimmie?  Do you want the ..."
"Directions?!?  I don't need no stinkin' directions!"

Please.  Google Maps has nothing on me.  Let's just drive!

And ... drive we did.  And drive and drive ... and drive ...

IMG_9869 Zim
"Of course I know where we are!  Are you kidding?"

We turned up an unpaved road, and after a while, we found this little country church:

IMG_9883 Country Church

Pretty, isn't it?  And Mom did some cool special effects on the photo with her iPhone.

Oh.  No ... that's not what Mom was trying to find.  She was trying to get to somewhere else altogether. I told her if we'd just stay on that unpaved road, we could reach her desired destination ... but for some reason, she gets nervous driving on unpaved roads in a little sports car where you can't really turn around for miles on end ... and so ... we found a gravel drive near the church and turned around.

IMG_9872 Zim
"Seriously, Mom.  We were almost there - I just know it!"

We'll try again soon - Mom mentioned something about taking Dad's SUV next time.  Works for me - as long as she takes me, too!

Even though we didn't exactly get to where we were going, we had a great time.  Isn't that really what's  important here?

Play bows,
Zim

20 comments:

  1. You are her navigator and her protector!

    Nice work.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun spending time with your mom! Grreat job as always as navigator supreme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehehe...Oh I knows hows dis is withs my mum too...she can't do nuttin' withouts me.
    Dat is such a beautiful church and I loves da effect her used. Oh dis is Puddles by da way.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  4. you didn't make it to your intended destination but you had loads of quality time with your mom and that was priceless.
    wags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zim any time with the mom is a good time. that church is very nice and a good job with the effects. My MOM doesn't not always listen to me to me when I tell her which way to go. But it has let to some fun adventures.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you had a lovely drive and spent quality time with your mom, Zim. What a sweet little church!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad your mom didn't listen to your directions but maybe next time she will. The church was a pretty cool find though out in the middle of nowhere. Our grandpa from KS is on his way here and maybe he should have picked you up so he doesn't get lost!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes it's fun to go and not know where you will end up....very nice church!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THAT was a grrreat adventure.. I would LOVE to try that sometime... butt Mom has one of those GPS thingys and TOM will NOT let me tell her where to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As long as you are together - it doesn't matter where you end up!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  11. After all these years, your mum should have learned to trust your directions!

    Huffs

    p.s. I don't think there are any more beagles in the napping competition so it's safe for your mum to come back tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your a man of many talents.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup......true to your gender. Never, ever ask directions, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  14. mol! Zim, wherever you were, it sure was beautiful. love the effects shot on the church! our mom could sure could use your talents; Wriggley is more of a backseat driver :D (us too for that matter...)

    Pip, Smidgen, minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  15. great story:) hugs for the puppers

    ReplyDelete
  16. by the way, Karen its me.. Peggy...
    (ravensinthewind)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoa...! You are quite the navigator!! Great!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Zim! You are a dog after my own heart. I always say, "it's the journey, not the destination." Make it count.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some quality time with your mom is never wasted time.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous3:38 PM

    I must have missed this post...sorry Zimmerz...you shine in the navigator spot! I bet your Mom never goes anywhere without you now, huh? Paw pats, Savannah

    ReplyDelete