Who We Are

Monday, July 16, 2012

They Really Don't Taste Like Chicken...

Woo, everypup and everycat, it's me, Dave!  It's been so hot here lately that Mom really hasn't done any baking for her and Dad.  Fortunately, she doesn't mind heating the house up to make my special Pumpkin Oat Cookies!

I got all excited the other morning when I saw her gather all the ingredients:

IMG_9626 Ingredients
Everything you need to make Pumpkin Oat Cookies!

I kept myself busy during the prep stages by guarding the dining room.   When I woke up  Before I knew it, I found myself under attack!

IMG_9630 Dave
"A sneaky snake?!?"

A sneaky snake!?!?  Right there, in the dining room?!!?  It came closer!

IMG_9632 Dave
"Don't even think about it, Sneaky Snake!"

It tried to attack me!  I reacted out of instinct alone!  Here's an action shot:

IMG_9640 Dave
Crunch, crunch, crunch!

He had it coming!  And then ... I realized the sneaky snake tasted like ... like Pumpkin Oat Cookies!  What?!?  Then Mom explained - she made the regular cookies AND some cookies shaped like sneaky snakes for me!

IMG_9629 Pumpkin Oat cookies for Dave!
Pumpkin Oat Cookies - and Pumpkin Oat Sneaky Snakes!

Look at all that goldeny goodness!

The link to the recipe is in our sidebar - or click here.  Sometimes, instead of rolling out the dough and using cookie cutters, Mom uses one of her cookie scoops to form a little ball of dough, then presses them flat with a fork or with the bottom of a cup (like this batch).  She thought having sneaky snake shaped cookies would be a fun treat for me!  She also usually makes a double batch, to use the whole can of pumpkin.  We store ours in the freezer, in a Ziploc - I love them frozen!  Thanks, Mom!

Oh ... I know what you might be thinking.  What about Zim, who is on a restricted diet?

IMG_9671 Zim
"Yeah.  What about Zim, who is on a restricted diet?"

It only took one round of the Sad Eyes Look from my kid brother to send Mom into the kitchen to come up with ...

IMG_9649 Zim
"Another Sneaky Snake?!?!  And it's got Mom by the fingers!
I'll save you, Mom!"

How cool is that?!!?  Zim saved Mom from that dark brown sneaky snake - and oddly enough, he said that one tasted like Stinky Goodness!  Crazy, don't you think?  Pumpkin Oat Sneaky Snakes, Stinky Goodness Sneaky Snakes ... I always thought they were supposed to taste like chicken.

IMG_9657 Dave
"How about another Sneaky Snake, Mom?"

Ha woo.  Like chicken.

I hope you give your mom or dad the Sad Eyes Look so you can have your own batch of Sneaky Snakes!

Luv,
Dave

19 comments:

  1. mom wonders if we would like pumpkin oat sneaky snakes. we do think that you guys have weird sneaky snakes over there in KS though.... MOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. True love is heating up the oven when it's SO HOT OUTSIDE! I'd say your mom loves you lots and lots!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zim has perfected the sad eyes. I almost felt like giving him one of my treats, and that's sayin a lot.

    woo

    Meeshka

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have got to get my mom to make me some of those. I love the sneaky snake idea! Mom is afraid of snakes, but probably not pumpkin oat ones.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. You boys really have the sad eyes look down to a science.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're glad you two are taking care of those sneaky snakes! Our sisfur Sadie would love those snakes too but we prefer fishies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look super yummy! Momma is copying the recipe to see if Cinderella and I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not a whole lot of baking going on here either, but those yummy pumpkin oat cookies are gonna be worth baking. We think it was Zim's sad eyes and Dave's happy look for more,that pushed our mom into it. Thanks guys

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy your mom sure does take good care of you boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:37 PM

    arrwoo wooo...how cool! Mom says they look good enuff for peeps! You guys are so special you get home made treats!!! nice...try not to have bad dreams Zim...about sneaky snakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hee hee! Dave, you and Zim have the best faces :) you have even us kitties a-drool over those cookies and Sneaky Snakes! we're off to give our mom the sad eyes...

    Pip, SMidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can tell you my Sneaky Snake Does Not taste like chicken or sticky goodness or even pumpkin oat cookies! What gives with that. Mine taste like fuzz. Good thing you guys were there to save your mom. I hate to think what might have happened.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those look really yummy! Too bad our mom is NOT a baker, cuz those look pawsome!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You are so lucky!! That looks soo delicious!
    Mommy hasnt been baking much recently...have to get her to start again!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mom is the best baking for you! You have us drooling!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is why I haven't baked in a long time. No guard quadrupeds to help and stand by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is why I haven't baked in a long time. No guard quadrupeds to help and stand by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never seen such a good harp seal look, Zimmie! Stormy would be proud.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am an amateur compared to you when it comes to the pathetic look. Maybe that is why I don't get sneaky snake treats. I will strive to do better.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete