Who We Are

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Guard Duty: The Outer Studio

Hello, everyone.  It's me, Cammie.  When Mom goes downstairs to work in her Studio, it's up to me, the Head of Security, to stand guard!  The Studio consists of two rooms, so I really have my work cut out for me!  Today, I'll let you in on a few nuances of standing guard in the outer Studio!

I frequently post myself here, in front of the sewing table:

IMG_6189Cam

When I lay here, I not only block the way into Dad's office and the bathroom, but I have a view into the workout room, the Gallery that leads into the Library, and I can almost see the stairs.  It's a very strategic post!

Sometimes, Mom does a lot of work in the inner part of the Studio, and I need to keep an eye on her AND Dad. In that case, being back by the doors to the lower deck is a good idea:

IMG_6077Cam

It's a nice area back there - and there is plenty of room in case Zim comes in and wants to engage in a round of zoomies or wrestling or something.  I mean... if it's break time and all.

Oh.

IMG_6080Cam
"Oh."

Oh, I know what you're thinking. That wicker loveseat looks mighty comfy, doesn't it? I wondered about that myself and asked Zim about it. Pretty much everything he knows about it can be found at this link. The important part, anyway.  It's worth taking a look, believe me!  In fact, I learned a lot myself...

IMG_6017Cam
"I'd be able to see almost ALL of the downstairs from up there!"

IMG_6015Cam
"Testing... 1,2... testing!"

IMG_6014Cam
"Zimmie said I'm not REALLY on the furniture if one or two of my feety-feet are still on the ground."

I think it's much more inviting than the sitzbank, don't you?  And would make SUCH a very good guard post!

I'll fill you in on guarding the inner room of the Studio soon!

Cammie!

14 comments:

  1. Zim is correct. Two feet on the ground = not on the furniture.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice of places for Homeland Security Camo. We think you have it all sussed out there. We agree two paws on the ground is not on the furniture. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have all your guard posts figured out
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cammie, Here at Hunter's House, he is allowed on the furniture whenever he wants. Today though he wanted to nap on my current quilt project and I wouldn't let him. Tell your Mom I love, really love her studio-especially the white wicker settee and the quilts are amazing. Lucky I don't live next door-thing might start walking over to my house.
    Wags, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  5. no intooders with you on the job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't aware of the 2 feet rule and thank you for teaching me that. You are an excellent guard, I would sleep better just knowing you were there to protect me.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. As your mentor, I say do it! Be cute and your mum will give you treats and take your photo. There's no way you're in trouble if she does that.

    I speak from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cami you are an excellent security guard and your mom should welcome you on the settee. After all your mom has that comfy quilt on there for you doesn't she?

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why would there be a beautiful and comfy quilt on there if you are not allowed to be up there. I mean it's so inviting. If they did not want you, us, on things then they should not make them so darn comfy. And are those Sibes watching over you in the window? Or am I seeing things. Nose poke to you beautiful Cam-a-Roo.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, did I miss Zim's retirement party or what?

    I can't imagine him giving up his job totally, but it sure looks like that.

    Cheers,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  11. You make a most excellent guard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cammie, with those sweet eyes of yours our mommy would buy you your very own furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great guard post, Camo, and we agree - if it's only 2 feets than you're not really up there!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you NEED your own guardpost down there, Camo! Just keep working on your momma. You'll convince her.

    ReplyDelete