Who We Are

Thursday, August 01, 2013

Oh, My Deer!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim.  I can't wait to tell you about the great walk we (Cam, Mom, Dad, and I) had this morning.  It was nice and (relatively) cool out, so that was great right there, plus we ran into some friends!

Cam saw them first.

IMG_6337Cam
"DINNER!"

Here's the first one we spotted:

IMG_6322Deer
"Hello?"

Isn't she beautiful?

IMG_6331Deer

She struck a pose right in the middle of the path we were on!

We looked to our left and saw more friends:

IMG_6336Deer

And then the first friend sort of checked us out:

IMG_6343Deer

I think she was doing a "friend or foe" check.

IMG_6337Cam
"Oh, you can trust us ... DINNER!"

IMG_6345Deer
"Uh-oh!"

I tried to send my calming signals, in an attempt to override Cammie's ... um ... well, you know.

IMG_6352Zim
"Ha roo, deer!"

I think I earned us a little trust.

This guy liked me, but still was a little cautious.

IMG_6365Deer

He went over to join his friends:

IMG_6381Deer
Safety in numbers

IMG_6379Cam
"Oh... my... DINNER x 4 !!!"

IMG_6387Deer
"We need to hoof it out of here!"

"Hoof" it.  Get it?  Ha roo roo roo!

IMG_6393Cam
"Hey!  Where are they going?!?  Was it something I said?"

IMG_6394Zim
"See all you deers again soon?!?"

What a great walk.  I think I need to work on teaching Cam more calming behavior and a little less on the ol' prey drive, though.

In other news, Mom finished the new collars and leashes she made for us.  She said between the deer and the bunnies this morning (no shots of them, sorry), the new threads got strength-tested.  Ha roo roo roo!

Play bows,
Zim

15 comments:

  1. They are bigger than Cam so they shouldn't be afraid. Think of how fun it would have been to race those guys!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new collars are very nice! We have lots of deer around here also, but i don't think we have ever seen one that close to us pugs...i am not even sure we would know what to do with one, if it tripped over us.
    lol..
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my - Cam does seem to have a way with the neighbors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arrrrrrrrrrrooooooooo. You got to meet Bambi and her friends? Was Thumper there too?
    Wags,
    Rnager

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Bet they are tasty, BOL
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great walk Zim...Cam needs to learn to make furriends a little better, but you did your best to reach out

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so with you Cam re Dinner. Sorry Zim but we are licking our chops. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. We sure hope your mom fixes something really yummy to make up for your other dinner getting away! Our mommy thinks the deers are purrty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We bet venison would be tasty, Camo! Mom says they're so beautiful and so graceful!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cammie, I could come over and we could double team those deers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are so beautiful. What
    a great sight on your outing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deer are just gorgeous. And tasty, according to my crew. Cam looked to have a bit of a Mohawk going on. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always such a treat to see deer!

    -Bart

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dinner, hahahhah. They are beautiful. And I like to chomp they their antlers.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those aren't dinner. They're RUNNING BUDDIES!

    ReplyDelete