Who We Are

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Serene Scenery Sunday

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie!  This week, I have an assortment of shots taken by both my mom and my dad that Zim and I thought might help you find a moment of serenity.  Ready to take a look?  Let's start with the ones my dad took!

He saw these beautiful flowers at the golf course:

IMG_2079DenverDaisiesMCC

Their Latin name is Rudbeckia hirta, but we just call them "Denver Daisies".  Aren't they colorful?!?

Dad also saw a bunch of broccoli growing there!

IMG_2083SedumMCC
Broccoli!

Mom said it's not really broccoli, it's another variety of sedum. She said it'll get pink later.

Our sedums here at Ao4 Headquarters is all doing great. We have some shaped like broccoli, too, only ours is purple. There is some by my favorite rock:

IMG_6251CamSedum
Can you see the sedum?

It's a little dark there because of the shade. Can you see-dem OK? Ha roowooroo!!!

Here's some more of the same variety (Purple Emperor Sedum), out in the open:

IMG_6245CamSedum
" 'Can you see-dem?'  That one never gets old!"

As you know, there was a full moon this past week.  Mom took lots of shots of it; you are welcome to see them in our Sunsets and Sky Shots set on FlickR; the newest pix are at the end.  The one we liked the best was a couple days after the full moon - here it is:

IMG_7263Moon

As I mentioned last Saturday, Mom headed out to the big lake with Beth and the Border Collies.  She had a really great time stalking some birdie called a "Green Heron".  She was all kinds of excited about it and had one of her bestest times ever out there!  That whole set of pix is at this link, but I thought I'd share a couple of my favorites with you!

I thought this was a helicopter at first!

IMG_7069Dragonfly

It's a big dragonfly!  I think that's where someone got the idea for helicopters, though.

Some of you might not find serenity in dragonflies, so here's a pretty Thistle and a Sulfur Butterfly:

IMG_7050Thistle

Is that better? And how about some of Zim's goose friends coming in for a landing:

IMG_7084CanadaGeese

Mom and Dad said once it gets cool out, they will take me and Zim to the big lake. They went together, but without us, during the week; it was crazy-hot out, so Zim and I were happy enough to stay home and guard the house. This is Mom's favorite shot from their outing:

IMG_7320GreatBlueHeron
Great Blue Heron - a very serene fisherman!

For the full set, you can click here.

I hope you feel nice and serene now!  Have a wonderful Sunday!

Cammie!

12 comments:

  1. Have a serene Sunday all and fit in some big easy today.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't do much either because of the heat! Your flower are so pretty!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I have missed this part of my Sunday. Thank You Thank You!! My MOM loves dragonflies. I have them buzzing all around my house right now. They are very beautiful just like you sweet Cam-a-Roo.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Broccoli on the golf course? In case the golfers get hungry? Always nice to choose a healthy snack.

    Guess what? I did my very own Serene Scenery Sunday. I hope you like it.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have some of that same broccoli!
    We love you playing queen of your rock, Camo!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our "broccoli" is starting to bloom. Those were all great pictures and brought us lots of serenity.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really did look like broccoli

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that the dragonfly is a beautiful photo. Your mom is a great photographer. Thanks for those serene moments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how we love your National Geographic shots, beautiful We thought you were a statue in the garden, BOL
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time our Mom looks at your Mom's photos, our Mom keeps saying "Gee, I wish I had the time to learn to take really good pictures." She especially says that about the moon shots - she goes to work Super Early in the morning, and when the moon is full and hanging over the mountains as she drives down the canyon, she just swoons - but has no way to capture it. But then we convince Mom that she'd rather spend her time working on her frisbee throwing techniques! Heehee. Besides, she can always enjoy YOUR Mom's photos!

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel totally serene now, Camo! Thanks so much for sharing your pawesome pictures.

    ReplyDelete