Who We Are

Sunday, August 04, 2013

Serene Scenery Sunday

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim.  For this week's Serene Scenery Sunday, how about we head down into our backyard gardens and slip into the Zen of Zim Zone?  There are all kinds of things in bloom down there.  Ready?

Here's the lavender:

IMG_6409LavenderZim

I wish you could smell it! It's very calming. Just on the other side of the "no jumping off it" retaining wall, you can see the Crape Myrtles peeking up at me - and to the left there are the rather massive white Rose of Sharon Bushes.

Down at the very bottom, on the right, we have some Tomato Soup Echinacea in bloom.

IMG_6427TomatoSoupEchinacea

Mom tried to zero in on one bloom, but couldn't get her camera to focus. I've seen her stick her hand right behind, to aid the lens, so I thought I'd do what I could to help.

IMG_6431TomatoSoupEchinaceaZim
"Is this better, Mom?"

She said "not really". Hmm. Must have been some kind of mechanical error. Oddly enough, she was able to focus on this bloom:

IMG_6437Coneflower

Go figure. Let's move up a tier.

IMG_6413GardenZim

We have a "volunteer" Butterfly Weed growing just to the right of the big Butterfly Weed.  How cool.  You can also see some of the Wine and Roses Weigela (the dark foliage) and beyond those, the big Plume Grass Mom planted last year.

Up at the top of the gardens, the Purple Coneflowers are looking pretty spent:

IMG_6420PurpleConeflowersZim
"The birds love to eat these seeds!"

We leave the old seed heads for the birdies!  I also saw a cool bug up there, so that was fun.

IMG_6424Dragonfly
Dragonfly!

Let's check on Cam's favorite of the sedum, the Dazzleberry/D'Azulberry sedum:

IMG_6426ZimSedum
"D'Azulberry.  Ha roo roo roo!"

Looking mighty good!

Let's head over to the purple & pink Rose of Sharon.

IMG_6418RoseOfSharonZim
"You've got to stop and smell the roses.  Of Sharon."

They're so beautiful!  I couldn't help but stop and give a sniff!  Here's a close-up for you:

IMG_6438RoseOfSharon

Beautiful, aren't they?

Here's one last shot - it's one of our Russian Sages, standing tall and looking great:

IMG_6439RussianSage
Твоё здоровье! 

Or something like that.

Anyway, I hope you're in the Zone now.  Have a wonderful Sunday and remember to take time out to see all the beauty around you.

Play bows,
Zim

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the serene tour of your garden Zim! We are feeling very serene! We need some purple coneflowers for the birdies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Zim how I needed this. My MOM has been gone, yes without me. She went up to a camp, Camp Pinecliff. I have been there a few times and it is wonderful. Butt someone changed the rules and said dogs MUST be on a 6 foot leash at all times. REALLY!! Anyway when she got up there she discovered that that was not really true as a very nice dog, Lady was there and was not on a leash the whole time. Pffft I say to that. MOM said next year at church family camp I am GOING. So I have been a bit stressed while she was gone. Butt she is home now, and all is right with the world, especially now that you have taken me to the zone.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are well in the zone now Zim. Lovely garden and we can smell the lavender all the way over here. Have a serene Sunday. Go for the big easy today.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers. I wish, at times, that I had a green thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have inspired me to plant some lavender this spring, Zimmie.

    ~ Auntie Trace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear you guys live in heaven. smells and beauty all around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those are some beautiful flowers and thank you for the tour.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful flowers, Zim! Our mom needs to look for the Tomato Soup Echinacea. She just loves the color!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy we needed a Zen moment. Those flowers are beautiful
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel so totally serene now. Thanks!

    PeeS: Hey Zim, Cinderella totally took over my blog today. I, uh, really think you should go see!

    ReplyDelete