Who We Are

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Road Trip!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim!  Yesterday afternoon started like most other afternoons around Ao4 Headquarters -- lunch, a short walk, some zoomies, and then ...

IMG_6122Zim
"C'mon, Mom!  It's time to head out on an adventure!"

Mom (of course) said she was in, then looked at Dad.  Dad said, and this is where things got interesting, "Let's all go!"  Wowzers!   All of us!  How exciting!  My instincts kicked in and I said it as fast as I could -- "I've got shotgun!!!"

IMG_6123Zim
Me, riding shotgun.  View from Mom in the backseat, as she did NOT call 'shotgun'!

You've gotta be quick around here.

IMG_6125Cam
"Rats!  I didn't know about that!"

Sorry, kid.

We headed out of town.  It struck me that if I was in Australia or the UK or places like that, I'd look like I was driving!

IMG_6127Zim
"How cool would that be, huh, Dad?"
"Oh, yeah, Zim."

"Hey, looks like trouble up ahead.  We should slow way down."

IMG_6130Cam
"But you're not reeeeeeally driving, Zim!  Is he, Daddy?"

Dad said I was doing a special kind of driving called "backseat driving" and it was every bit as involved as the real deal!

IMG_6128Zim
"What's with the dude with the flag, Dad?  And how do I get a gig like that?"

We waited somewhere close to a million minutes there.  I thought it was pretty cool, but never once did I get that guy to look at me.  I'm sure if he had seen me, he would have let us go sooner.

IMG_6134Cam
"That was the 'Follow Me' truck.  We should be able to go soon, Zim!"

IMG_6135Cam
"I mean 'Dad'!"

Ha roo roo roo!  Cam had it right the first time!

IMG_6138Zim
"Oh, yeah!  We're flyin' now!"

Seriously.  Doesn't it look like I'm in the driver's seat?  Of course, I guess if I was in Australia, I'd be on the wrong side of the road.  That probably wouldn't be a good thing.

IMG_6142Cam
"Ha roowooroo!  Probably  not, Zimmie!"

Anyway, we were just practicing going on a road trip.  All four of us hadn't ever tried going somewhere in one of the vehicles together.  Mom and Dad said we did so well that we can try it again soon!  Two things to say about that -- YEA! and I've got shotgun!!!!

Play bows,
Zim

12 comments:

  1. Oh that lookz like fun - our mom can't drive so IF we go on a road trip it iz uzually with aunt sis an'she worriez tue much'boutz us sheddin'so makez mom keep us by her.

    Enjoy your road tripz.
    Shiloh'n Diva Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE always have to be the Backseat drivers and either Mom or Dad get to call SHOTGUN////
    WHAT??? This is the furst time you two have ever been on a ride TOGETHER??? WOW! You will have to do it more often...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are not allowed shotgun....big sigh. Hey looks like you can all go on one big adventure sometime. How cool is that? Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're wanting to know where you went. Hmmm. Looks like a fun outing with all of you. Camo, you are just so sweet! Zimmie, you are so funny! And handsome too of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Zim! My mom never lets me take shotgun. I always have to sit in the back because she is a shotgun hog. You're a lucky guy!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zim, Great job to all of you and I'm really impressed that Mom rode in the back seat instead of up front.
    Hunter usually is on my lap up front, unless we've got Lily with us. Thanks for sharing!
    Wags, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a great series of shots. Gracie always calls shotgun...I have to drag her out of the front seat all the time. Needless to say we love RIDES!! Wonder where you're going??

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Zim you are quick on the draw with that shotgun calling. Around here it is just understood that I ALWAYS have shotgun. Can't wait to see where ya all go next. Oh and "CAN I COME".
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great job. You both sat so nice. Maybe you can switch seats next time
    Snorts,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo, what a great trip. Camo, you totally have to try for shotgun next time!


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopefully you got to hit a drive thru? Those are very important on road trips!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting! You'd better be careful, though -- Camo's a smart lady. She's going to beat you on the shotgun thing soon!

    ReplyDelete