Who We Are

Thursday, August 08, 2013

Senior Care Day

Ha roo, pups and kit-cats.  It's me - Zim.  I knew there was something different going on yesterday when Dad took me outside by myself after our walk.  I came back in and Cam's breath smelled suspiciously of breakfast.  Hmm.  This could only mean one thing - time for my semi-annual Senior Care appointment with the good folks at the Veterinary Health Center at  KSU.  (We have to fast before those.)

Anyway, Mom and I headed out to K-State for my big day.  (These are long appointments - click here to see what all they involve!)  I thought I'd share some highlights with you.

In the exam room, they provide these nice tables in the corners, just right for denning purposes!

IMG_5979Zim
You can't see me, but I'm under this table

Having a camouflage leash helps tremendously.  No one knew where I was.  

They do a lot of different crazy eye tests as part of the deal.  Mom took a couple shots during one of them.

IMG_5977ZimVets
" ♩Don't it make my brown eye, don't it make my brown eye...♩"

IMG_5978ZimVets
" ♩... don't it make my --- no, wait.  This one already WAS blue!"

Ha roo roo roo!

Anyway, they finished doing all that poking and jabbing and making me hold still (I can't stand that "holding still" part!) stuff, then our most wonderful vet and my student gave me the WHOLE BAG of Stinky Goodness Treats Mom brought!  It was great.  It was the best part of the visit -- other than all the test results, which were all mighty good for me.  I still need to put a little weight on, but I did gain a little in the past 6 months!  I am one mighty blessed 13 and a half year old!

Anyway - time to go, right?

IMG_5981Zim
"Thanks, everybody!  ... now let's blow this pop stand, Mom!"

IMG_5982Zim
"Can I drive home?"

My eyes had been dilated for part of the exam, so Mom thought it best if I didn't drive.  What a bummer.  Does anyone even say that any more?  Well, it was.  Bum-mer.

Anyway, when we got home, Cam was waiting for me.  I think she missed me.  We had a quick late lunch, then ...

IMG_5983ZimCam
BOOM!

Since it was overcast and the sun wouldn't be too bright for my eyes, we did some of this:

IMG_5974Zim
"Ah!  It's great to be home!" 

What a full, full day.  Only one thing left to do.

IMG_5968CamZim
"Zzzz...."
"I'll be right here if you need anything, Zimmie!"

It's nice knowing she's got my 6 when I need a little down-time!

Thanks to all of the great folks at the Vet Health Center/KSU for another great Senior Care check-up and for helping me be the healthiest Zim I can be!!!

Play bows,
Zim

17 comments:

  1. We are so glad your appt. turned out great. We always think of you guys now when Mom takes us (as in mags and gussie)out to the fairgrounds to learn to walk together. we pretend we are you two.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that you'd get a good report with all the great care your mom and dad give you! I'm so impressed with you! I still say bummer and I'm a senior too. Glad you didn't try driving. Have a splendid day.
    Wags, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT is a TERRRRRRrrrrific Check up Zim. Good that Cammy has your 6 after a tuff day..
    WE still say BUMMER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No you went to the blood stealers and you didn't mind Zim? Oh my you are such a zen dog. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! A WHOLE BAG OF TREATS! Wowee!

    I think your mom should have bought you some really cool sunglasses to wear.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so glad you are healthy, Zim!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woot! I'm glad you're healthy and a-okay. I think your momma should've let you drive home, though. Momma drives after HER eye appointments, so I don't see why you couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're glad to hear you had a good visit with the vet. Cammie sure was happy to see you when you got home.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to hear you're all healthy and stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:41 PM

    hey hey hey...Zimmerz!! Your Sab-a-dab-a-doo here!! so purrleased you are A-OK at that pawsome young age of 13 1/2!! High paw pats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very glad, VERY glad you had a good check up. You and me both are blessed 13 plus year olds. That Cam-a-Roo is such a good sister.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must be happy to be home
    Benny &. Lily

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you got the A-OK! Maybe you can drive next time!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  14. We need to get a camouflage leash so the vet can't find us in the examining room!
    We didn't realize that you were over 13, Zim! You look fabulous!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just hope they didn't touch your footie foots. I know you don't like that. Time to bulk up, my friend. You need some weight to withstand the body slams of that crazy blond.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great news that the apt went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Zim - as one senior doggie to another - I cannot BELIEVE you are 13 & a half!!! You look amazing! And great to hear that the test results came back with good news! :-)

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete