Who We Are

Friday, August 16, 2013

Photo Finish Friday

Hello, everyone. It's me, Cammie. Yesterday, Zim told you about us taking a road trip on Wednesday. It was just a practice run to see how we'd all do in the vehicle together. As he said, we all did great - so we got to go again yesterday!!!  This time, though, we went to an incredible place!!!  I thought I'd share the best of the photos Mom took with you for Photo Finish Friday!

Zim had told me about this beautiful place he gets to go to sometimes where you can hike and hike and hike and see for miles and smell EVERYTHING in the entire state of Kansas and parts of Nebraska and oh, my goodness!  That's where we went!!!  Let me tell you all about it...

 We got into the RAV4 and Zim jumped right into the front passenger's seat!

IMG_6515Zim
"Sorry, Cam.  I called 'shotgun' yesterday."

That just did NOT seem fair!

IMG_6517Cam
"I get 'shotgun' next time!!!"

Zim claimed there is some rule about not being able to call "shotgun" until the next outing has been announced. Hmm.

IMG_6516Cam
"You wouldn't be trying to pull the Sibe fluff over my eyes, would you?"

I asked to see it written in the rule book. I mean, I AM from Missouri, the Show Me state! I think it's only fitting that he show me! He said he'd get right on it. Sometime. Hmm.

Anyway, I forgot all about that soon enough.  Dad parked the vehicle, then Mom jumped out and led me out by my leash.  We stepped right into that magical place Zim had described!

IMG_6524Cam
"Zimmie, it's everything you said it would be!!!"

We were at The Top of the World -- and it truly felt like we WERE on top of the world!  We walked and walked, and I think I did smell all the way to Nebraska!  When we got to this one cliff, Dad held our leashes and Mom went over the cliff a tad so she could get some pictures of Zim and me.

IMG_6547ZimCam
Zimmie and me!

IMG_6551ZimCam
"Did I tell you this place is great or what?!?  Take in those smells, Cam!"
"I love it here, Zimmie!"

Mom thanked us for not looking at the camera.  I think I detected a bit of sarcasm, but I'm not sure.  Zim and I were enjoying all the sights and sounds and smells too much.

We walked down a gravel road next; Mom took this artsy shot of Dad and Zim:

IMG_6573MikeZim

I like the purple wildflowers!!!

Zim waited for us to catch up with him and Dad:

IMG_6591Zim
"Let's wait for the girls, Dad!"

We struck some poses down where the road ends. Here's Zim:

IMG_6596Zim
My brother, Zim.  AKA Zimmle Mawson, Explorer Pup!

And here's ME!

IMG_6594Cam
Me.  Cammie.  D'Azul's Girl From Ipanema!

(We were safely home and all settled in before that storm hit, in case anyone noticed the awesome sky!)

We had a GREAT time at the Top of the World!  It was everything Zim said it would be - and more!  (Mom brought TREATS with her!)

Thanks for coming with us!  Happy Friday!

Camo!

9 comments:

  1. oh we love your top of the world shots they were beautiful!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW what a trip! Love Love Love the shots of you and Zim. Just incredible. Frameable I's day. Oh Oh and that shot of Zim and your dad. My MOM loved that one.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow another adventure. That is cool and we love your top of the world. Where to next and who will ride shotgun? Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like we all say on March 17th...
    Top O' the WORLD to ya.

    Love the purple flowers too.. and the super shot of you on the rock ledge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what grreat pictures! You sure had a grand adventure. I'm sure you'll get shotgun next time... or the time after that... or the time after that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Camo, I love your adventure! It does look so green and lush; top of the world to be sure. You have some wonderful places to go to. Hope you have a spectacular day!
    Wags, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun time for all of you! We especially love the photo of the two of you ignoring the camera!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zim knows all the best walkie spots! Glorious. I love the glamor poses of both of you with the wind ruffling your furs.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete