Who We Are

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Serene Scenery Sunday

Hello, everyone, it's me, Cammie!  For this week's dose of serenity, I thought I'd take all of you with us on one of our early morning walks!  Are you ready?  Let's go!

Those of you who are long-time readers of the Ao4 Digest may remember hearing about the Giant's Castle - it sits high on the hill across the creek from Ao4 Headquarters.  That was our first stop.  We did a quick pose by these flowers:

IMG_6441CamZim

We let Mom snap one close-up:

IMG_6444Flowers

Then Zim said we had a long, long way to go and that we'd best get moving. He took the lead and I got confused as to where we were at first.

IMG_6445Cam
"Zimmie, wait up!  There's some weird pagoda thing here!  Where are we?"
"China, Cam.  We're in China!"

Oh, my.  China!  I had heard it was on one of our walking routes.  (Click here for explanation.)

I did my best to catch up with him, then it hit me --

IMG_6446Cam
"Ha roowooroo!  Hey, Zimmie!  Unless the Trolley moved to China, I think you're pulling my leg!"

IMG_6447Cam
"... unless this is really The Orient Express ..."

I decided I'd best keep walking.  In fact, I took the lead from then on out.  It seemed better that way.

IMG_6449Zim
"Ha roo roo roo!  Oh, how I love having a kid sister!"

IMG_6448Cam
"Walking to China!  Like I'm going to fall for that one!  ... not more than once, anyway ..."

I stopped alongside a beautiful meadow.  This is where we often see deer, so I had a good look around.

IMG_6452Cam

Zimmie caught up and helped me look:

IMG_6453CamZim

Mom loves this picture - us, the meadow, the sunlight ... very serene!

IMG_6455Zim
"Yeah, yeah.  Let's get a move on!"

He's a Drill Sergeant; he gets paid extra to say stuff like that.

IMG_6456Cam

It IS awfully serene on this route, though.

Once we looped down and around the Hospice House, look at who we saw in the parking lot:

IMG_6463Turkeys
Turkey DINNERS!

I'll sign off with one more serene thing from our walk - a little piece of Kansas for all of you:

IMG_6465SunflowerBug

A beautiful sunflower - with a bug in the center!

I hope that brought a smile to all of your faces.  Have a warm, wonderful, serene Sunday!

Camo!

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful walk!

    Cam, I always knew you'd be a lead dog. I could just tell!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great walk COMPLETE with turkey dinner. Save me a wing that's my favorite part. That Zim is such a kidder.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were feeling REALLY serene.. until TURKEY DINNER went struttin by. THEN we were just HUNGRY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You live near China AND the ocean all at once? Curious. Did you have turkey for dinner?

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great walk! Who knew Kansas had all those cool things!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Zim sure keeps things moving on your marches. What a nice walk you had.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Sunday walks, I close my eyes and pretend I am right there with you. The scenery is beautiful. Cam, I knew you wouldn't fall for that China thing, but it was a good one. How could your resist the turkey, I LOVE TURKEY.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's entirely possible that you were in China. My mum and dad have been on the Eastern and Oriental Express and that wasn't in China, so you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We know how much you guys like to march, so we wouldn't be surprised if you actually did march to China!

    Steve & Kat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Turkey dinners on the hoof! How cool! And a good thing that wasn't the Orient Express - apparently there are murders on that thing All The Time! Looks like you two had another wonderful walkie - we love seeing Kansas through your eyes!

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  11. Turkey dinner.......yummmm! Hope you had a serene Sunday.
    Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our mom just loves the zinnia flower picture with the purple leaves surrounding it. You have her serene from the start! We loved your post, guys!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zim shouldn't tease you so much. I'm always sweet and kind and loving to my sissy and NEVER tease her---

    Ow! Hang on, Cinderella's trying to bite me. Gotta go!

    ReplyDelete