Who We Are

Monday, August 05, 2013

Movie Night in the Library

Hello, everyone, it's me, Cammie!  Zimmie and I got to do something I'd never done before over the weekend - watch a movie downstairs in the Library!  I've watched movies in the Living Room, but it was very different watching a movie down there!

At first, when Mom and Dad said, "Let's go downstairs!", I thought I was going to help Mom in her Studio.  I've never done that after dinner, so I thought it was kinda funny, but then, when we got down there, Mom said, "In the Library, you two!"  She may have said "...you two crazed river otters", but I'm not sure.  Hmm.

Zim and I explored the Library for quite a while, played real sweetly with each other for a bit (that might have elicited more of the "crazed river otters" comments...), and then tried to settle in to watch the movie.  We aren't allowed on the furniture in the Library, either, but there are some moderately comfy cushions for us down there.  I tried out this one over by Dad:

IMG_0351Cam

Zim sat on the floor by Mom and tried watching the movie a little. (Batman Begins. I know you were wondering.)

IMG_0347Zim
"What are we watching, Mom?  Ah, a Batman flick.  Hey, we should invite Bart in!"

I wasn't that into the movie, so I went over and tried out the big cushion. I'd never tried it out before.

IMG_0354Cam
"I'm not sure about this."

It was OK, but it's new, so I need to go slowly.

While I did that, Zim did this:

IMG_0361Zim
"Hey.  Whatcha doing?"

Mom said it was hard for her to watch the movie with Zim staring at her, so we decided to do this instead:

IMG_0363ZimCam

I'll bet that was better.

There's a lot down there we have to avoid crashing into, according to Zim, so it's very exciting!  We were pretty close to Dad's feety-feet in that shot; I got extra points for getting the closest without touching!

After we played our game, I tried out the big cushion again.

IMG_0366Cam
"Maybe this is OK..."

I liked it better that time.  You should always try something twice before you make your mind up about it.  I'm not sure who said that, but it's pretty profound.  And both Zim and I do better if we get to decide to try something on our own, and not be pressured.

We watched a movie in the Library again the next night - tune back in tomorrow to see how that went!

Thanks for coming to the movies with us!

Camo!

11 comments:

  1. Wow Cam. Zim sure is teaching you in the most perfect ways. I make it a priority to teach all our fosters that play time is ALWAYS when the tv is on. The louder we are, the more the humans seem to like it.

    Did you get claps and your name yelled out?

    I just love it when they do that!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great weekend at the movies downstairs. Did you get popcorn? Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. I never get to go into the Library at our house! I was really really good, and when Momma left the gate open last week when she was working in there, I stood at the doorway and barked at her until she realized it was open. I didn't go in at ALL, even though the kitty buffet box is kept in the library closet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We bet your mom and dad enjoyed the river otter action way more than the movie. Just sayin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zimmie, how did you know that Sonic is one of my FAVORITE places? It's a date! I'll see you tonight. :)

    -Cinderella

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't usually like change, but sometimes it is ok I guess. I agree with trying things out twice.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who knew watching a move could be so exciting???

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know what I think I would rather watch you, and Zim, than old batman. I mean he is exciting and all, butt you two have him beat paws down.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you guys were singing along with Batman! Your library looks very cozy! Did the popcorn ever come out?

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for saying what movie or I would have had to ask ;)

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:47 PM

    hawoo woo Camo! you are so skilled at not bumping into feety feets and furniture...pawsome

    ReplyDelete