Who We Are

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Adventures in CiCo Park Part 1

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim.  Mom and I took a great trip over to our local park - CiCo Park - the other day.  Today, I thought I'd start showing you some of the cool things I discovered there - we had the BEST time, so this could take a couple days!  Today's post will be about some of the interesting things I saw.  Ready to get going?

IMG_2539e Zim
"Let's go!"

The first thing that intrigued both me and Mom was this:

IMG_2515e

Doesn't it look all kinds of interesting?  I could explore in there for a long, long time!  We had the whole park ahead of us, though, so we kept going after a bit of snoofing around.

Mom spotted a burst of berry red in some bushes.  She tried to get a good shot, but there wasn't enough contrast.  I did what I could to help the situation:

IMG_2510e Zim
"No need to thank me, Mom!"

Before too long, I came across what I thought was a sliding board!  I love sliding boards!

IMG_2516e Zim
"Cool!  Look, Mom!  A sliding board!"

Mom said it wasn't a sliding board, that I'd get a major league owie if I tried it out, and that it was part of something called a par-course.  I'm all for exercise and trying new things, but I decided to skip that.

Speaking of skipping things... here's something very new in the park:

IMG_2520e and yet, guess what was less that 5' away?

Isn't that nice?  Mom always comes with plenty of bags in her pockets, but it's nice that it's there if you need it.  Oh.  Why did I mention "skipping"?  Because guess what I found not 5 feet away from the bag dispense-o-matic?  Yep.  How much easier could they make it?  And yet ...

OK.  Let's move on.

We came to another station of the par-course next:

IMG_2517e Zim
"Oh, yeah.  Yeah, I know what this one's for!"

I fell back on my military training.  Now that I've said that, do you know what this station is all about?

IMG_2518e Zim
"Let me get into position!  Spot me, Mom, OK?"

Exactly.  It's a Chin Up Bar.  They have a bar for us medium-sized guys and a shorter bar for smaller pups and kit-cats.  Everyone needs exercise!

I banged out about 50 chin ups, then we got hiking again.  I made a really cool discovery just moments later!

IMG_2538e Zim found a stick!
"Look, Mom!  A stick!"

I have no idea what to do with sticks.  It did make me think of our buddy Goose, though, and brought a big smile to my face, as you can see.  He is like the King of Sticks.

Let's stop here for today!  Tomorrow I'll post some cool action shots, OK?

Thanks for coming to the park with us!

Play bows,
Zim

16 comments:

  1. 50 chin ups?!! You are way in shape. That looks like a mighty fine place to walk around. I would love to go explore the area in that 2nd photo. And the berries against your furs, really made them pop. But holy dog the stick just made my heart stop and add you smile to it, well lets just say that was like adding whipped cream on MOM's Goosie pumpkin pie. Looking forward to part 2 of your walk.
    Blessings,
    Gosoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are so buff. 50 Pull ups is so so many. It is nice that they thought of us medium dogs and the small ones but what about the large ones?

    Last year, I loved to eat the bark off sticks. I finally realized that what was making me have some *ahem* digestive problems and stopped that nonsense.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  3. that park looks very nice. we are glad you didn't try to slide down that board though.... MOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a poop dispenser? well cool. We are lucky if we can find a bin. The berries against your furs are so pretty. Have a terrific Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a grreat park! I've never heard of a par-course, but Momma said it looks interesting. How neat for them to put in a chin-up bar just for us canine citizens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's an interesting part Zim. You must be exhausted from doing all those chin-ups. We're glad we didn't see you sliding down that board we have a feeling you would've got splinters in your hiney
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, our Mom gets so mad about unpicked up items, especially so close to a dispenser. The dog park in Dad's apartment complex has a dispenser yet you can barely walk out there without stepping in something!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a fun adventure in the park Zim! We're impressed that you haven't slacked off on the army training with all those chin ups!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We would have never guessed that was a chin-up bar if you didn't tell us, Zim! What a beautiful spot for an adventure!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:21 PM

    I'm thinking those chin ups must be why you have such a manly slim nose and chin MOL Luvluvluv that park, what a great adventure. And that wooden slide would have left a huge owie in your buttoks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great place to explore. Were the berries good? Like the new poop bag spot to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 50 chin ups WOW that's probably just warm up for you, with all your military training. This is a cool park. We can't wait to see part 2 of your adventure.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zim you always have such fun adventures. I can't wait to see part two.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zim, we love how helpful you are with the pictures :) CiCo is a beautiful park, and it has everything! Thanks for taking us along. Say, did you find any kettle corn for Dave?

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! You and Zim won one of the mini-mittens, Dave! We have your mailing address so no need to send it. We are so happy that you won!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want one of those parks near me!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete