Who We Are

Monday, November 05, 2012

This Is No Fish Story!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats - it's me, Zim.  You're not going to believe this one.  There I was, tooling down the road with Mom, when I saw it.  I had Mom pull over.  There was ... well ...

IMG_2059 Zim
"Dave's never going to believe this one!"

... definitely something fishy going on.

IMG_2058 Zim
"It's a UFO!!!  An Unidentified Fishy Object ..."

I got out of the car to investigate, and sure enough - it was what I thought it was:

IMG_2057 Zim
"Wowzers!"

Yep.  It's a fish out of water.  I've heard about those.

IMG_2054 Zim
"Wonder what he's looking at?"

There was a smaller whale with him; I think he was trying to catch up with him.  For those of you who how big whales are - well, now you know how big that fish was!

IMG_2053 Zim
"I wonder who we should call about this!?!"

In the movies, they always call "the authorities" about UFOs.  But ... who ARE "the authorities" and just how do you call them?  And who's going to believe this?

IMG_2052 Zim
"Hey!  You bipeds in the SUV!  Look out!"

I was going to tell them there was a whale and a giant fish behind them ... but would they believe me?   Or would they just think it's some crazy fish story?

I should ask our buddy Goose to come out and catch this thing.  He's an incredible fisher-dog.  Yep.  I've gotta call Goose.

Play bows,
Zim

PS:  Is this what they mean by "fly fishing"?

20 comments:

  1. Hey Zim pal it is a flying fish. We'd be scared of that. Gosh you are brave. Have a lovely Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY Goodness!! I am so on this! I will leave promptly. This matter needs to be dealt with ASP. This must be some sort of Super Fish if it wan fly and be out of water for so long. I am packing up my Milk Bones and will be right there. And from experience I have found that where there are 1 or 2 fish (I know a whale is a mammal) there is bound to be more. Soon you could be overrun with schools of them. I think they must be leaving the Kansas ocean because the water levels have dropped so much. They must be looking for a bigger body of water. See ya soon.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would the authorities be a Kingfish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are real cool looking flying fish Zim. I can't believe you found those in Kansas!

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kansas is the land of the big ocean!!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zim, get in the car! They could dive down and bite your neck, hurt you bad. Be more careful with monsters like those, you are brave, but you just never know what they will do.

    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  7. We always thought that if fishies were taken out of the water they would die! You've proved them wrong, Zim!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. At first we thought it was a flying Jayhawk! We like most birdies but not those birdies but we love all fishies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zim, it's a good thing you have picture, otherwise we proly wouldn't have believe you ;-/

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, now that's a fish story!! First time visitor--We'll be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW That is the biggest fish story ever. I hope I am not too late to join Goose on his way. I can't miss out on something this cool.

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  12. We think that you are lucky your Mama took pictures!! BOL...

    Great Fishy Story!!


    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  13. ummmm - wow. but hey - if it is a tuna fish, we might be able to help you out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy crap. Doesn't that thing belong in the Kansas ocean!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds a bit fishy to us!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahahaha.....only you could write that post, Zim.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fish story. Flying fish only in Kansas BOL......

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMD! I wouldn't have believed it if you didn't have the pictures. That's so exciting, and just a little skeery. I'm glad you have the expert on his way to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My mom says that air is just another fluid, but I sure didn't know that it was a kind of fluid that fish could swim in!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete