Who We Are

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Serene (whew) Scenery Sunday

Ha roo, pups and cool cats.  It's me, Zim.  You know, some of you have asked how we decide who posts what around here and all.  Usually Dave and I have it all sorted out way ahead of time and have the idea and pix all set to go.  And ... err ... then there are times like last night ...

We were just hanging out, watching some great football games.  Dave was doing what Dave loves to do:

IMG_2446e Dave
"Mom.  Hi, Mom."

... and me?  I had this restless feeling.  I couldn't quite figure out what it was.

IMG_2444e Zim
"There was something I was supposed to do ..."

I asked Dave if he knew.  He's always a great help.  He went through my whole check-list of what I was supposed to take care of:

IMG_2447e Dave
"Did you help Mom plug in the outside Christmas lights?
Did you help her with the dishes?
Hmm... we took her and Dad for an after-dinner walk ...

Did you dig in your bed and throw the quilt on the floor?
Did you 'ha roo' at Dad and get him to chase you?

Did you do zoomies?
Do you have your outline for tomorrow's post?"

Oh, yikes!  That's when it hit me!

IMG_2443e Zim
"Oh, no!  'Serene Scenery Sunday'!"

It's this long weekend!  It threw me off!  

Dave said I shouldn't worry about it - that except for the last pic above, we looked mighty serene ... or at least he does ... so we could use those to show how relaxed we are in the evenings after we've had all of our walks for the day.  It's true.  We stay active during the day, and while Mom and Dad wind down and watch TV after dinner, we just like to hang out and enjoy everyone's company.  Nothing beats time together!

I have a few other pix I've been meaning to share, so let me toss these in.  Guess what Mom and I saw while we were out on one of our adventures?!?  A hawk!  He was in the grass by the sidewalk, having a snack.  We saw him from the car.  We see hawks a lot, but not that close!  Mom stopped the car, but was afraid if we got out to get a photo of him, he'd fly off.  Besides - guess who didn't have the camera?  Mom improvised, and shot this out the sunroof with the iPhone:

IMG_2402ed Hawk in Flight
"Does the hawk fly by your wisdom, and stretch her wings toward the south?"
Job 39:26

Isn't that cool?!!?  So strong and powerful!  The hawk took off when she saw or heard us - but I think that worked to our advantage, don't you?!!?

The sunset on Thanksgiving was a beautiful one!  It was very serene indeed, to look at it and to count all of our blessings:

IMG_2434e 22 NOV 12 sunset

It would have been even more serene if Mom had left this on the table unattended while she went out to photograph the sunset:

IMG_2437e Sweet Potato Pie
Mom's homemade Sweet Potato Pie

Not that I or Dave would help ourselves to something that wasn't ours.  (Not any more, anyway!)

We hope you have a wonderful Sunday - remember to keep it serene!

Play bows,
Zim

17 comments:

  1. Hi Zim, You are such a great helper to your mom and dad. Great pic of the hawk, wonder what kind of snack he was carrying. The sunset was so pretty and that pie looks amazing. I would love to get the recipe-never made a sweet potato pie before.
    Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Wags, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice recovery, Zim :) You know, there's an unwrittn rule that food left unattended for more than 2 seconds is fair game...

    How cool that you got to see the hawk up close and pawsonal! Have a great day!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pawsome hawk picture! I think you pulled off a grreat post. You shouldn't have confessed it wasn't planned. :)

    (PeeS: Cinderella says woo.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmm pie....oh sorry Zim...got distracted. We enjoy our evenings together too. Sometimes little brofur decided he needs midnight walkies but he's getting better about that. Play bows mate,

    RA

    ReplyDelete
  5. You recovered well there and great scenery pictures.. I love how you lie on mums legs Dave. Thats my favourite spot too.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am keeping it real serene. Let me just say this first off about the first photo from my MOM (like you don't know it is coming) Awwwwwww. That just relaxed her right up. We have a hawk that lives at our church. She is real cool. And in the spring she had a little one with her. This was a wonderful post and I know I do feel all serene like.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so good pals re the food. It was asking to be sniffed at, well at least. Have s super serene Sunday. See you tomorrow.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great shot of the hawk. Glad you remembered serene Sunday
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool that you guys got to see a hawk like that. The sunset is beautiful as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job pulling together this serene post Zim! That hawk is pretty cool! We would have loved a taste of that whipped cream on that pie! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're glad you managed to pull off your serene post today Zim. That sunset was beautiful, but that pie looks yummy.

    Cindy & Millie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, ya just had to show a picture of that sweet potato pie, didn't ya.

    My Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  13. On that note, I have a small confession. The neighbor dog was running out on the street and Mrs. Master went to catch him and take him home (no one seemed to notice he was out and about) and left her cake on the sofa.

    HA!

    It was delicious if I do say so myself.

    That's nice you don't steal food. I haven't in such a long time they took it for granted =)

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cool that you got to see a hike

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you mind if we help ourselves to that sweet potato pie if you and Dave aren't going to eat it, Zim?
    Love your sunset!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your startled face!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pic of the sunset is AWESOME! Did you save me a piece of that pie?

    ReplyDelete