Who We Are

Friday, November 16, 2012

Photo Finish Friday: Colbert Hills

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  You may have heard me and Dave mention before that we live just across Little Kitten Creek from Colbert Hills Golf Course.  It's the area you see in our sunset photos!  Anyway, Mom and I took a little trip over there yesterday, and I thought I'd share the pix with you today for Photo Finish Friday!  Ready to take a look?  Let's go!

IMG_2236 Zim
"Colbert Hills Drive!  Turn here, Mom!"

That may seem obvious, but I take my navigation duties seriously.  Especially when Mom is driving.  A-hem.

We had a good look around when we got up there:

IMG_2237 Zim

There were all kinds of cool things to see!

IMG_2239 Zim
"Oh, cool!"

That's the Colbert Hills clubhouse in the background.  There's a nice restaurant in there called "Colbert's". Jim Colbert is a famous PGA golfer - and a K-State grad!  (Go, 'Cats!)  My dad met him one time when he was having a meal in the restaurant and said he was a very nice guy.  Anyone OK in my dad's book is OK with me!  I wondered if he was around ... I'd like to meet him!

IMG_2240 Zim
"Let's go look for Mr. Jim Colbert, Mom!"

We looked over by the indoor practice facility for the KSU golf team first:

IMG_2245 Zim
"Ha roo?!?  Do you know where Mr. Jim Colbert is?"

IMG_2242 Zim
"Really?  Over there?  Thanks!"

You aren't going to believe this - but I found him!  Check out these pix:

ZimJimColbert copy
"Ha roo, Mr. Colbert!  I'm Zim!"

IMG_2250 Zim
"Did you drop something?"

IMG_2251 Zim
"I didn't find it.  Oh, no, trust me.
If you dropped something in there, I would have snarfed it up found it!"

IMG_2252 Zim
"We all have our talents, Mr. C!  You've got golf, I've got the gift of a highly sensitive snooter!"

It was really cool meeting him.  Kind of a quiet guy; didn't make any sudden moves.  I like that in people.

We did a little more exploring...

IMG_2253 Zim
"We should put a dry creek bed like this in our yard, Mom!"

I had a great time.  Mom said we can go back again soon.  Maybe my new friend Mr. Jim Colbert will be there next time, too!

Happy Friday, everyone!

Play bows,
Zim

13 comments:

  1. Zim we are so pleased you didn't take a leak on the statue that would have been what I would have done. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. well he does seem like a nice guy. we aren't big on sudden moves either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a finish to the week Zim. I bet he was so quiet cuz he was in awe that he was in the presence of the Zim Master. You are a legend, even in my part of the world. Have a beautiful weekend.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a fun trip and even nicer to make a new friend. Have a fun weekend :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks super fun! He is a really nice guy. I think Star would like him b/c she's kinda shy and likes when people move slowly.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful area; I will have to ask my hubby who is a golfer if he recognizes the name. Looks like you are having great weather.
    Happy Friday!
    Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a lot of fun! We like your new friend!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zim, it is so cool that you live across from Little Kitten Creek! we love that name :D You know, our mom could use your navigation skills too, as we're all backseat drivers, mol! Say, Mr. Colbert looks like our kind of guy! Have a great weekend!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're glad you got to meet Jim Colbert Zim! That's pretty cool! We noticed that your mom's car was the only car there. Everyone must have such big clubs they need a truck or SUV to golf there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:27 PM

    Gotta say Zimmerz, good restraint on your part to not empty the old tank on that Mr Colbert dude! Glad you and Mom had another great adventure, paw pats, Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great day for you. You guys get to spend so much time together. very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zim What a great adventure. We couldn't believe you found him,glad you got to meet him.
    Have a good weekend

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mr C looks like a very nice guy, Zim. Thank you for introducing him to us!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete