Who We Are

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Serene Scenery Sunday

Ha roo, pups and kit-cats!  It's me, Zim, here with Serene Scenery Sunday!  The most beautiful scenery I saw this week was when Mom and I went on an adventure up to the Top of the World!  It was sunny, it was windy, it was chilly, and it was just GREAT!  I have a ton of peaceful pix to share with you, so I'll cut the chit-chat to a minimum and barrage you with photos instead!  Ready to go?  Let's get hiking!

Check out the view of our lovely Flint Hills:

IMG_1920 Zim
"Ahh... Kansas!"

IMG_1919 Zim
"I wonder if my new friend is coming this way..."

I met a Newfie up there that day!  He was SO cool; we hit it off big time.  Mom didn't get any photos because she was too busy petting his "silky soft fur" and getting hugs from him.  Ha roo!  It was great meeting him and I hope I get to see him again!

IMG_1924 Zim
Me, walking the straight and narrow

IMG_1925 Zim
Heading into the curve

IMG_1926 Zim
Snoofing along the way

Oh, yeah.  I was kind of in a squirmy mood that day, so Mom left my seatbelt harness on for our hike.  Something about not wanting to have to try to put the toothpaste back in the tube.  I have no idea what she meant; I saw no toothpaste up there.

IMG_1927 Zim
Enjoying the journey

I thought we were going to get back into the car at this point ...

IMG_1929 Zim

... but Mom said we could do a little bit of off-roading.  We have to be careful to watch for coyotes up there.  I promised to be extra vigilant!

IMG_1936 Zim
SGT Zim, on alert!

IMG_1939 Zim

IMG_1940 Zim

Wait for it ...

IMG_1943 Zim
"Sunnnnn-shiiiiiiine on my shoulders..."

IMG_1946 Zim
"... makes me happpppyyyyyy... "

Sorry.  Got lost in the moment!

IMG_1947 Zim
"Oooh!  What's this, over here?!?!"

I was having such a great time taking everything in, I even let Mom jump ahead and snap this shot:

IMG_1948 Zim

Mom and I feel very blessed to have these special times!

IMG_1951 Zim
"One more look around before we head home!"

And a pause to give thanks!

IMG_1950 Zim
"I'm so thankful for days like this!"

Have a serene Sunday, everyone, wherever your adventures take you!

Play bows,
Zim

PS:  For a special Sunday message, please see our photo at this link!

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful walk! You are so lucky Zim!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Sunday to you, Loved your walk and you are such a handsome fella!
    Wags, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Zim you have some cool walks. We seldom walk as I am too busy hunting critters in me territories. My fav pastime, off to the park for a lark. Have a super Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zim that was an especially serene walk. I can't tell you how much MOM and I enjoy these walks with you. My MOM heads for church at 6am and I go to Uncle Mimes house. Then mid afternoon MOM picks me up and first thing we do when we get home .
    Blessings,
    Gooseis check out your serene Sunday. MOM really loves it and gives her what she needs before she heads back to church in an hour and half. So thank you friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Zim, what a beautiful peaceful walk. I love walks where I can see for miles. My Vickie likes to throw her arms out and spin in circles lookin up at the sky in places like that. Me, I just like to run through the fields leaping like a rabbit.
    Thanks for sharing your SErene Sunday with us.

    Bert & My Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:56 PM

    har woo woo! great hike Zim! And that sunshine was totally on your shoulders! pawsome, wishing you all peace and here's some paw pats, Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Sunday you had, Zim!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how the Flint Hills have co-odinated their colour to match your coat Zimmie.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sure looked like a nice hike Zim. I can't believe that any coyote would ever mess with you.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful walk. It looks like you're taking a stroll in the country
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Warm autumn walks are just the best. What a scenic view and with lots of good smells..perfect!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like a totally pawsome day! What a grreat adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We were checking for snakes in your pictures in case you might have stepped on one and didn't know it...my mom is a snake freakazoid so walks as beautiful as yours just don't happen in our world unless I am in the stroller and their is concrete under our feet....sometimes being sheltered stinks!!
    Great pictures!!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zim, don't folks have the strangest sayings? The Top of the World sure is beautiful and peaceful! your photo with the scripture was really nice :) purrfect pairing!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

    ReplyDelete