Who We Are

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Yesterday's Adventure

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim!  Yesterday was a spectacular day - we topped out at about 70℉ (about 21℃), a slight breeze blowing, and not a cloud in the sky!  Mom and I decided to head up to the Top of the World to do some exploring.  She shot a gazillion photos - care to take a look?

Here I am, heading down the main trail:

IMG_2270 Zim

Note how well I blend with the scenery!  (Don't worry - Mom was wearing a bright yellow sweatshirt, so we were highly visible to others.)

The sun was coming right at us, so it was hard for Mom to see her iPhone screen. I decided to stop in a little clearing and strike a pose to make it a tad easier for her:

IMG_2273 Zim

Helpful, aren't I?  (You didn't really think I'd actually look at the camera, did you?)

Something behind us caught my eye, so I turned around to check it out.  Mom did some jumping around and took this shot:

IMG_2274 Zim

You can tell how much better the lighting is, can't you?!?  And check out the glorious Flint Hills in the background!

OK ... back to our path ...

IMG_2278 Zim

Oh.  Yeah.  Well, the path sort of goes over the cliff here.  For some reason, that's where Mom likes to stop.

Let's have a look around:

IMG_2281 Zim

Gorgeous, isn't it?  Oh - that's the highway we take to get up here down there.  "Up here down there"? Whatever!  You know what I mean.

Time to head in the other direction!

IMG_2283 Zim

Better lighting this way, don't you think?

IMG_2285 Zim

I love this path - sometimes it's twisty and curvy, and sometimes it's straight!

IMG_2287 Zim

Then it gets all twisty again!

Mom jumped ahead and shot this one:

IMG_2292 Zim

I was taking it all in!

We decided to walk down one of the roads while we were up there, too.

IMG_2294 Zim

The wind kicked up at one point and I thought I sensed someone or something approaching:

IMG_2295 Zim
My watch-pup stance!

There was nothing there - this time - but know that I am always on alert!

Hope you enjoyed seeing our gorgeous Kansas scenery!  Thanks for coming with us!

Play bows,
Zim

14 comments:

  1. How pretty! You really get to have some awesome adventures, Zim!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord Zim I am on a Mac and it keeps going squiffy. 3td attempt. Have a great Saturday and happy birthday to Terry if he was still here who played Toto from Wizard Oz. Found that our from urban hounds blog.
    best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zim brother I always love tagging along with you. This was wonderful I think I would like to follow that path off the cliff. I like climbing. I just got back from my romp with my pals at the Fort. I took Belle with me, she loved it too. That crazy girl even chased a duck down the river.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Zim, what a grreat spot! You look very lovely against the backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you get up there in the winter?

    Do they keep those paths open for cross country skiers?

    Nice little outing for us all.

    Kisses,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what they call Big Sky. Wow. I would be a little afraid to see all that sky. What a nice day. I bet the top of the world would be a great place to watch meteor showers.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just don't get what Allred has against Kansas. I mean, I love your scenery. I especially liked your last picture. I know I already told you how much I love hiking when I can see across the fields. That is why I love going along with you on your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sure is purrty up there on Top of the World! It's good to know that you are always on alert too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zim, thanks for striking some of those handsome poses for your mom.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  10. you blend in alright. We couldn't even find you
    Snorts,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a good thing you have your mom wear something bright so you don't lose her, Zim :) You have beautiful views from the Top of the World! We really like the last two pictures, the road and fence contrast beautifully with the deep blue sky...oh, and you too :)

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

    ReplyDelete
  12. my 'cousin' Zim is very lucky, his first cousins once removed would be very jealous of an open walk such as that since DC tends to be a little more crowded :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! We are popping over from Hunter and Noreen's blog to say hello!! Loved your tour...the skies there are so BLUE! Gorgeous, bright blue!! Happy Sunday to you!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  14. The top of the world is a fabulous spot, Zim! Thank you for taking us along with you!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete