Who We Are

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

KP Duty

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me - Drill SGT Zim!  Mom whipped up a fresh batch of my Stinky Goodness Jerky Treats the other day.  I thought the very least I could do was assign myself to KP Duty.  I know - work, work, work!  I can't help it - it's who I am.

I hung out with her for the whole process!  From choosing just the right cans, to slicing it all up, to loading it into the Stinky Goodness Machine.  And then the part where she really needed my help - clean up!

IMG_2469e Zim
"Are those scraps?"

Yep.  That cutting board was in dire need of a thorough cleaning!

I had Mom set it on the floor for me, then I got busy.

IMG_2473e Zim
"I've got this, Mom!"

Every morsel must be removed!

IMG_2476e Zim
Spit polish, KP-style!

I'd like to thank whoever put the rubbery things on the sides of the cutting board so it doesn't slip around on the floor while I work.  Safety first!

It's important to check the floor, in case any spilled over:

IMG_2474e Zim

When everything was good to go, I told Mom she could just put the cutting board right back into the cupboard.  For some odd reason, she put it in the dishwasher anyway.  I don't quite understand that.

It was a great KP Duty shift.  Now I think  a little nap  Guard Duty is in order.

Play bows,
Zim

17 comments:

  1. Make sure you got every scrap indeed Zim. Waste not want not. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zim you are forever workin'. I know it's in your DNA but dude you are making the rest of us look bad. I however do share your love of KP duty. Better than walking a beat in the rain. It even beats workin' in an office. I'd take KP over those things any day.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also the pre dishwasher in our house. Like you, I don't understand the need to rewash what I have just cleaned. Humans.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bourb tried to help mom with the dishes the other day but she said something about him not enjoying the ride if the machine got turned on......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Goose. You're going to make all the rest of us look bad with this work work work mentality of yours. Take a load off and enjoy life sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We would like that job
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did one superduper job, Zim!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good thing your mom has you there to help her do the cleaning up part.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it really work to help in the kitchen? I thought it was our duty to help clean and supervise kitchen activities.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure make us cats look lazy Zim! We don't quite understand why your mom washed a perfectly clean cutting board though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What with your help, Zim, it's sort of win-win and your mom is more likely to make more Stinky Goodness Treats for you. You should talk to her tho, 'cause she's doing double work, really, on the clean-up. Don't work too hard on, um, Guard Duty...

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

    ReplyDelete
  12. You didn't share any with Dave?

    You are a lucky pup to get homemade treats!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Scraps sure make putting in a days work all worth it. Bol.....

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent job! I love that kind of clean up.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy! Lucky you!!
    Enjoy your day!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zim, we have that exact same cutting board. Sadly, I have yet to see our on the floor, stinky goodness or not. Enjoy!

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous5:14 PM

    MOL! Mom says her Sibes could lick an ice cream bowl spotless! No one would ever have known if she just put them back in the cupboard...except they might have been a bit slimmy MOL Good KP duty Zim! BTW...I JUST NOTICED...YOU ARE BI-EYED! You eyes are so pretty! Before me Mischa had one brown and one blue eye...

    ReplyDelete