Who We Are

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Bonjour! and Our Great Sisters Tour Brugges

Storms here! We'd like to call out a hearty "Bonjour" to someone who's been visiting our site from France! Bienvenue!

Yes...... in addition to my other talents, I also speak French. It's one of the many classes I teach at the Stormy Zoluschka Kryschtal School of Siberian Studies. Here's my ace student Zim, hard at work:

Bonjour! C'est moi, Monsieur Zim!

Yeah. He even looks the part, n'est ce pas?

Our great sisters Jesse ('83-92) and Lucky ('83-96) also spoke French, from what Booter ('87-'01) told me. Here the three of them are together:

Left to right, it's Lucky (alpha black and white girl!!!), Jesse, and Booter. Anyroo, Lucky and Jesse were born in Flanders (that's in Northern Belgium) and adopted our parents when Mom and Dad lived in the southern part of Belgium. They lived there for 3 years together before coming to the States. They were the first Sibes to own Mom and Dad and really taught them a lot about Sibes. They were so good at ignoring what the bipeds told them that Mom thought maybe they spoke Flemish, since that's the language their breeder spoke to them. They ignored English and French equally. :) Mom doesn't speak Flemish. We all know full well Jesse and Luck understood English. And French. It's called being a Siberian, or that "condition" Dave has called selective hearing. Ha roo roo roo!

Here's a picture from one of their adventures in Belgium. I thought about this when I wrote my "Sled Dogs?" post the other day. Yeah..... travelling through Brugges, Belgium, the way "sled dogs" should.

Faces have been fuzzed out to protect Mom and Dad's friend whose permission we didn't get to post her picture and to protect the innocent from remarks about 80's hairstyles. I know where my Eukanuba comes from.

Again, bonjour tous les chiens en France! Thanks for reading!

Tail wags,

Stormy

15 comments:

  1. I gotta say I love the french because my two favorite things in the world are cheese and french fries!!

    So it seems like Siberians have a similar hearing condition as boston terriers. how odd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour mon amie.

    Bussie Kissies
    Buster

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe: Cheesy fries. The best of both worlds!
    Buster: Bonjour! Quoi de neuf?
    Tail wags,
    Storm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you guys speak Siberian and French. How cool!
    I'm looking for someone to teach me Italian. The Mom keeps talking about meatball subs............ yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh là là, Stormy...

    ...to think I was posting quelques mots de Français around the same time as you were.

    I must've caught the drooly scent of camembert and Côtes du Rhône.

    And M Zim looks quite the beau chien in that there photo.

    I ignore English, Irish and French equally.

    I think it's wonderful that we are all able to ignore humans multilingually.

    A very important dog trait.

    À la prochaine, mon amie, et gros bisous,

    Tin Tin xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom says she loves Brugge, especially the chocolate shops (mmmm!!). I'm partial to France since poodles are the national dog of that country. Woof-la-la!
    T-man

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont speak french but my dad does...but i watch hockey games in french...and i will eat in any language

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting to live in another country! My human got to live in Japan for 4 years. That's where our cat Kirby is from. Mom took French in college, but doesn't remember too much of it, and also took Japanese when she lived there, but that's a very hard larguage too, so most of that she has forgotten also. Love the hat though, you look quite dashing!

    hollybollyboo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zim looks so arty in the picture!

    ~Jay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dakota: Stormy speaks all KINDS of languages! Even Cat and Vacu-speak!
    Tin Tin: Merci from me and Storm. Wow, you can ignore Irish, too? I might be able to learn how to do that.
    T-man: Brugges was one of mom's favorite places to go. She said the town she lived in, Soignies, had a Leonidas chocolate shop... then her eyes glazed over ... and I think she went into another world somehow.
    MJ: I'll eat in any language, too! Especially Tex-Mex language -- I love free-holies and hollow-penyoes!
    Holly: Mom loved living in Belgium. She said they traveled all over Europe with our great sisters - but not to the UK where Marvin lives 'cuz of something called a quarentine. We'll have to post more travel pix from them! Oh... Booter and Lucky also lived in Korea for 2 years with Mom and Dad. Europe was much more pup-friendly!
    Jay: Merci! I look quite profound, don't I? ha roooo!
    Play bows!
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Harrr, Matey Zim, U look very very French. There were French pirates too, Jean Lafitte comes to mind first. Viva La Pirate.

    Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mav: If Davy was a pirate, he'd be Dave LaFeety-feet. Hee hee hee!
    Love,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woh you guys can speak french. So cool. Stormy can I be your student too?

    ~ fufu

    ReplyDelete
  14. FuFu: Certainement, mon ami!
    Tail wags,
    Storm

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooooh Jeannie was lovin the fuzzed out pics of the 80s hairstyles, she tells me she owned a hairstyle like this once.

    Luckily, it was long before she was seen out on the streets with me!

    Good post and Bonne Maman Pictures.

    The only word of Francais I know is "French Fries" mmmmmmm! Tres Bien! Aussi Moi!

    ReplyDelete