Who We Are

Thursday, January 17, 2008

An Award and a Reward!

Hi everypuppy! It's Amber today! I hope you enjoyed all the pictures of our visit with the Mala-moms! We had SUCH fun with them and it was such a happy time! Dave KNEW who they were (of course!) and just couldn't believe that his Hollybollyboo's mom and his Mal-pal Summi's mummi (hee hee hee) came to see him! And to answer our buddy Echo's question - yes, Dave is always that schmoozy. :)

Our very sweet friend Lacy Lulu has given us The Extraordinary Gold Star Special Award! She said the award was created by Storm, The Furry Fighter and is for bloggers who have achieved or done something special. The award celebrates beyond what is ordinary or usual. She gave it to us for the small part we've played in launching Operation Bring Beau Home.

Thank you, Lacy!!! You're very sweet! We were so happy to see that you also gave the award to Opy and Charlie the Big Dog, as they are the real master-minds behind this great effort!!!

The rules are:

1) Post the explanation and rules of the award and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award and repeat the reason why you received it.
2) Pass the award on to two other bloggers who you think deserve it and explain why!

This is so hard, because there are so many deserving puppies and other bloggers out there! In light of the incredible journey the Mala-moms went on, though - getting Thunder and Skyler to their new homes and driving 2000 miles in one weekend! - we would like to present the award to Holly and Summit. Without their permission, their moms never would have been able to go on their remarkable rescue mission!

I also mentioned we got a reward! Can you guess what it is? Here's a picture of me when it we just started receiving it!

Isn't it great!?! That's when it just started, like I said, but we eventually got a total of about 3-4 inches, with drifts double that. And it's really, really cold out, too. Single digits, with even lower wind-chills! It's so wonderful! I'll try to get Mom to take more pictures of us. I just LOVE the snow! It makes us all so happy! I hope I can pass this one along to ALL of you who would like it!

Love,
Amber

18 comments:

  1. minus 13 in ephraim utah this morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya look real purty in that picture wif the snow in the background, Amber. Right now in PGH we are getting a wet, sloppy snowfall & it is spose to rain later. YUCKY!
    -Cosmos-

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad got some new pics of me this morning in our new snow too! Isn't is fun!!! Does this mean Zimmie will be working on a new fort?

    Hbbb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harrrrr
    you look happy in that snow harrrr
    Cap'n Maverick the Pirate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:23 PM

    Congrats on the award and I hope the snow sticks around for a while!

    River

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to will my mom home NOW so I khan play in our snow fur a bit!

    Maybe I look khute like you and she'll take some pikhs for me!!

    Warm Wags and Wuv,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish we had snow with our coldness. It's just really really cold here!
    Kaos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amber - It worked! Our snowman strategy and your snow sharing pushed it all the way over to PA! Check out my blog. That was a great choice for the Gold Star Award.
    ECHO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot to say THANK WOOOOO for the great award!! I was overcome by the cool snow photo!!

    Hbbb

    ReplyDelete
  10. brrrr I am freezing next to the fire right now and its only in the 40s here, that snow is making me even colder!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amber, I think you made a good choice on the award and you look very lovely in your picture!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  12. We got snow too! Come see what I got to do!

    Kisses, Sky boy

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a pawsome shiny award. Adn you look great in that photo Amber

    ~ Girl girl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your award. Hopefully the pup will find his way home. You're looking right at home in the snow. We're quite jealous as there is no snow in our forecast down here. We'll have to live vicariously. Throw some snow in the air for us.

    Lola and Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet you guys really love it when it snows!
    Enjoy it this weekend.
    Sugars,
    Mack

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Amber you look likea true Siberian in that snow. So Husky!

    Happy tenish to Dave. Sorry we are
    late.

    We enjoyed the posts about the malamoms. What an exciting week you'all have had.

    Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9:58 AM

    What an awesome award!!! I hope you all are enjoying the snow.

    Hugs,
    Sitka

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrapawtulations, you deserve it.
    Here in VA, it snowed yesterday!
    All of you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete