Who We Are

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thinking Blogger; Something to Think About

Ha roo, pups! It's me - Stormy! I feel very humbled and honored today - our new friend Samaritan over at Jan's Funny Farm presented me with this award!

It's the Thinking Blogger Award! Wow! Samaritan said he was presenting it to me, "because she took up Beau's cause and gathered the Troopers together, regular A04 Troopers and Volunteer. She doesn't just think, she acts." OK, actually at first, he called me a "he", but we've got all of that straightened out now. It's not like he and I can do sniffies over the internet! Thank you so much, Samaritan - I'm really touched! One of the unexpected but delightful aspects of Operation Bring Beau Home has been all the new friends we've made!

Here are the rules attached to this award:

1. You must write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Acknowledge this post.
3. Optional: Proudly display the Thinking Blogger Award with a link to the post that you wrote.
4. Go tell your humans to fork over the treats!

I especially like number 4; perhaps that's just me. And the container of yogurt someone is eating right now.

Thank you, Samaritan! This was very kind of you! I would like to present the award to the following bloggers who make me think:

1 and 2. Charlie the Big Dog and Opy - the true master-minds behind OBBH. Their blogs aren't just fun and entertaining, they also make us think about our friends and fellow Dogs With Blogs members. We are so happy to be a part of that caring group of bloggers!

3. Marvin. A most profound hound. I made that rhyme on purpose, Marvin, just for you. You are my favorite poet. Uh... right after Dave, of course. If you didn't see the touching poem Marvin left on yesterday's post, please go back and read it. It's quite wonderful! "...Love and Loyalty, who could ask for More!" Indeed, Marvin!

4. Echo. We love reading The Daily Echo; not only does Echo have a positive message to share, but just seeing him reminds us of the great work done by rescue groups all over the world! You see, back in 2003, a very pregnant Siberian named Sissy was taken into rescue by the caring, loving bipeds of the MaPaw Siberian Husky Rescue group. We helped our mom with a fund raiser for Sissy and her babies. One of those babies grew up to be the handsome, kind pup we know as Echo!

5. Tucker. He's very cerebral. His posts always give us a lot to think about. I like the conversations he has with his Human Assistant.

And now ... here's something for you to think about. A new picture of my brothers - Dave and Zim.

How would you caption this photo? Please leave suggestions in our comment section!

Tail wags,
Storms

16 comments:

  1. Maybe it's just me, but this picture reminds me of tv show clips at the end of a show on a touchy subject. Like a show they once did on child abuse; at the end of the episode the stars are shown asking "If you or someone you know is being abused.....".

    So I'd say the caption should be "If you or a furbaby you know is missing, please visit www.findingbeau.com".

    By the way, speaking of "blogger", Can someone using "Blogger" please tell me how to change the word "Comments" to something else? I see other stuff, like bark-outs, etc. but mama can't figure out how to do that (we use the template format, not layout).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great award. The thinking blogger. We would caption the photo "Got cookies" but then that is what we like.

    We echo Lizzie on changing the comment word. We don't know how to do that either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, not only I am greatly honoured by this marvellous award, but also greatly humbled.

    Thank you so much Stormy and the AO4!

    I will do my best for you tomorrow, you can reply on me, your loyal Trooper in Scotland!

    I love being known now as The Profound Hound! I may change my name from Braveheart to Profound Hound now!

    You are all just the best pals ever!

    oh and my caption for the fandabidozi pic......

    "Chalk and Cheese - Let's Find Beau - Please!"

    Your pal, Marvin ("blushing") ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and here is a tip from a total nerd in the blogging world.....

    to those who asked about this.....

    To change "comments" to something more interesting such as barks, bark outs, woofs, etc

    (and I am sure the AO4 know how to do this but I am a generous pup and it took us ages to find out how to do this thing, so we want to share our knowledge to Izzie and d'azul siberian....

    Click on to Dashboard

    Blog Posts square comes up

    click on right hand side Edit in Blue then follow this

    Configure Blog Posts

    The 4th box down.........

    type in whatever you want in the box. your "comments to be called" ie bark outs, barking, woofs, whatever

    Save changes.

    Hope this helps.

    love and licks, Marvin xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. PEE ess, sorry my paw was on caps lock just then......

    did not mean to shout!

    My blog has the best friends pic on there now, it vanished earlier, but Jeannie has put it back on, hope it works now.

    Bark at me if you have any probs. Or Wooooo that is more Siberian I guess.

    love and licks, Marvin xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Storms! I'm so touched that you all would present me with this very important award! This may be one of the few times that I'm actually speechless! Thank you! I will display it proudly and will have to think carefully about my 5 nominations.
    I do have a caption for that wonderful photo. How about "What do you mean you ran out of bananas??!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. EASY KHAPTION!

    Dave says Holly Holly Holly!


    Zim says Holly, why does Dave think of nothing but you?

    Thinking about all of WOO,

    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pups,

    Thanks SOOOO much for the cool award!

    I put it on my blog, along with what I think Agent D and Agent Z are thinking.......:-)

    Luv C$

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that is so cool, so youse guys have been caught thinking...awsule...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Troopers! we are so happy to part of the mission. Thanks fur sniffing over. Congrats on your award. ya'll so deserve it.

    caption "won't you help us find our missing buddy"

    waggin TX tails

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on the great award!!! We would caption the photo...resistance is futile, surrender your treats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your award!! You certainly deserve it!!!

    Hmmmm, a caption.......

    "Look deep into our eyes, you are getting sleepier, and sleepier. You will now hand over the bananas, the yogurt, and keys to the car, so we can go visit Holly..."

    I KNOW that's what Dave is thinking anyway.

    Hbbb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:21 AM

    That picture is absolutely beautiful!!

    I'd say: "Hand over the treats and nobody gets hurt".

    Congrats on the awards too your blog is super cool!

    River

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a pawsome award. And you 2 look really handsome there. I would just caption it "Dave & Zim, the world's most handsome sibe siblings"

    ~ Girl girl

    ReplyDelete
  15. We're sure glad we got the he/she straightened out, Stormy. We're still red-faced over that one. Especially Samaritan, since he made the mistake publicly.

    jans funny farm

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Marvin

    When we click on dashboard it come up with the manage your blogs square but the only edit at the right side is edit profile. What are we doing wrong?

    Thanks heaps
    Team Husky

    ReplyDelete