Who We Are

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sew What Sunday III

Ha woo, pups, it's me - Dave. Guide Dog for the Color Blind. As a follow-up to last week's Sew What Sunday, I thought I'd show you the pictures of the bag Mom made for our grandma.

Before I begin, I want to share a comment our pal Tucker left on that post. He said, "I 'specially like the reversible bag! When it's full one way you can turn it the other way and fill it up again!" He's so CLEVER! I never would have thought of that! Ammy keeps giggling over his comment; I'm not sure why. He's just so smart! Woo.

OK, so Mom actually used a pattern for this one. She made a shop sample for the Bernina Shoppe and followed all the directions, so shoppers could make one just like hers. Mom didn't really like the directions, but that bag turned out OK. Here's that one.

It's the Gypsy Bag by Moonshine. Anywoo... for Grandma's bag, we chucked the directions out the window and did it like Mom wanted to. She seemed happier that way. Here's how hers came out:


The fabrics are by Laurel Burch, a really talented artist who unfortunately recently passed away. In my professional opinion, as a Guide Dog for the Color Blind, she really knew how to use color!

Here's a close up of the cell phone bag Mom made to go with the purse.


See the fishy? It's glass. Mom had made Grandma a necklace, earrings and bracelet using those and some Czech glass beads and some pewter charms that were different ocean-type of stuff.

On the left side of the purse, Dad hammered a big grommet in for Mom and she hung a key chain from it - either to use or to be decorative or to clip other stuff to. She made some hangy-down things out of more of those glass fishies and some glass beads. They are lime green and match the cell phone bag. I made sure of it! We didn't get a close-up of that. I'm not sure why.

Here's a peek inside.

You can kind of see the thing hanging from the grommet. Cool, huh? And color-coordinated! Mom put more pockets in there than directed. That seems like a good thing.

That's it for today, pups. We're on to new projects soon. I better rest up - choosing fabric for Mom can be exHAUSTing!

Luv,
Dave

16 comments:

  1. Wow!

    Once again, I've got to khompliment WOO fur your choice of kholours!!

    AND say that your mom is pretty freakin' khlever and OH SO TALENTED with pointy pieces of metal and long strands of thread!!!

    Wags and Wuv to Hbbb's Handsome AND Khute SibeMale in Kansas,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom sure does awesome work! Her bags are just lovely and the fabric choices are perfect!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice fabrics. Now if only mistress would get her sewing machine mended.

    Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Wow Dave... you did another GREAT job in picking out colors for your mom. Your grandma's bag looks SOOO cool! I never knew what a grommet was until you just told me!! Thank woo! Can't wait to hear about the new projects you are working on!
    Hugs,
    Sitka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your whole family is talented! Mine - not so much.

    PeeS: My mom's name is Amy (one M) and my daddy's name is David!

    BYE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are super cool bags, woo did a great job helping your mom pick out the colors & fabrics, of course! We really like the grandma bag!
    Woo & your mom are SO talented.
    Kisses,
    Bama & the RHP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh woo! That's a very nice bag - I love all the extra pockets. They're particularly helpful for carrying extra treats! What a great choice of coordinating colors. So bright and cheery. Speaking of cheery, stop by my blog. Meeka is happy once again. Partly because your cake was so very yummy, but also because our big mystery has been solved.
    ECHO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are really cool! Now your mom just needs to find some Siberian fabric to made a Sibe bag!!

    Hbbb

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowee that bag is so cool! Mom likes the colors in the first one a whole lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Mom is SO talented!! My Mom is super jealous! She loves those purses!!

    Marls

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've tagged you for the Make My Day Award see my blog for rules if you wish to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. woofies Ao4...those purses r pawsome...luv the colors....

    b safe,
    ;)lacylulu

    ReplyDelete
  13. That a pawsome looking bag with all the great colors. :)

    ~ Girl girl

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my, Dave, you and your Mum combined are a real talented team.

    I loved Tucker's comment, I know why Ammy was giggling, so was I!

    The bag is just beautiful. Your Mum is very talented and so are you with your colour sense.

    I have one concern though......

    Does Wallace mind that Grommet has been hammered by your Dad?

    Seems such a shame 'cos he seems a real nice dog in the Wallace and Gromit cartoons....

    love and laughing licks, Marvin xxxxx

    pee ess from Jeannie, the bag is so beautiful, we are not sure whether Wallace and Gromit are in the States so you may not know what Marvin is barking about!

    xxxxx ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you simply won't belive this... a terrier watching dog whisperers on tv....pictures on barlowbark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mama wants your mama to come to our house with the sewing machine and sew up my new dog bed. I chewed the zipper again, and she wants to sew it shut so I don't eat the stuffing. She's clueless when it comes to sewing!

    ReplyDelete