Who We Are

Saturday, September 07, 2013

A Long Two Weeks

Ha roo, pups and kit-cats!  It's me, Zim.  I was at the Veterinary Health Center at Kansas State University this week - you know, our vet school!  I had just been in for my big Senior Care appointment last month and everything checked out A-OK, so I was surprised to go back so soon! I thought maybe I had been called in so they could consult me about something.

The first trip there went fine.  They did a quick admiration of how fit I am and took some blood.  (They didn't give it back, by the way.)  I got Stinky Goodness Treats after that then they said they'd see me "tomorrow" at 0730. Hmm. Again the next day?  Ohh... yeah.  That's when I understood what was going on.

When I got home, Cam was there to greet me!

IMG_7986ZimCam
"I missed you while you were gone, Zimmie!"
"Right back at you, kid!"

We made up for the hour I was gone with a little bit of this:

IMG_7988ZimCam

And some of this:

IMG_8000ZimCam

(I might look fierce there, but that's just how we play.)

Then I gave Cam the news:

IMG_8004ZimCam
"Cam.  I'm going to be at the dentist all day tomorrow!"
"Oh, Zimmie, no!  I won't have ANY fun without you here!"

Then Mom gave ME the other news:

IMG_8017Zim
"What do you mean 'no playing crazed river otter games for 2 weeks'?!?"

Seriously. Never once did I hear the vet who did my dental say I wasn't allowed to act like a crazed river otter for two weeks! I would have remembered her saying those words. Really.

IMG_8011Cam
"Oh, my!  It's going to be a LOOOOOONG two weeks!"

Mom is hoping our heat breaks so we can go on big adventures in the afternoons that will "wear us out". Doesn't she know extra walks just fuel us crazed river otters?!?!

Play bows,
Zim

17 comments:

  1. OMD, no crazed river otters for two whole weeks?! I think your momma's just making that up. No WAY did your dogtor say that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would having a dental keep you from being crazed river otters? We think it is just a ploy of your mom's to get you not to play indoors.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds just miserable Zim. I think you should seek a second opinion. When Miles had to be calm it was the most awful thing ever around here. Give my regards to Cam.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two weeks is a long time...

    Love the toothy picture, I see that frequently here as well. It is all in play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will cross paws for you Zim. Two weeks is a very long time to not let loose your inner crazy. I hope it goes fast and I hope Cam can hold out as well.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yow, Zim! two weeks is like 87 squillion years when you can't do something. Here's hoping for cool weather and lots of truly tiring (for your mom's sake :)) adventures!
    Have a great Caturday!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too mean Zim! Maybe you can do 'subdued River otter'? Just on your backs and sides? I hope you come back with nice shiney pearly whites, all the better to bitey with!
    ~Lickies, Ludo
    p.s. I letting everyone know I moved blog address, my new one be http://seasideshelties.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2WEEKS! OMD that is waybtoomlong...we think.are they trying to sneak I. Some other stuff at the vets..Hope not
    Wags Ernie,Chica,Lucas,Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHAT No Crazed River Otter play fur like 87 Days??? THAT is OVER THE TOP. WHY is This... When I had a dental I could start Gwalkin Moleys the very next day.
    We think somebuddy is yankin your walkin String Zim. Just Sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tell Cam-a-Roo that I am on my way over so she can get in some river otter games while you take it easy. I do not understand the connection to teeth and not playing. Butt I am willing to cover for you in any case.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two weeks? That's a long time! Are you two going to be in separate rooms cause if not, how will anyone be able to keep those otters away?

    ReplyDelete
  12. good luck getting your teeths cleaned. but two weeks??? You guys are gonna drive your mom NUTS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe your vet would prescribe no crazy river otter behavior for two whole weeks! Maybe two whole hours, but two weeks seems excessive.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Zimmie, please be careful! I went and had a 'dental' earlier this week and they stole 12 of my toofers. I sure hope that isn't what they have planned for you. ON the plus side, I did get to eat yummy soft canned dog food! Good luck and those 2 weeks will fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two weeks will seem like an eternity! We hope it goes by really fast for you, Zim, and for you too, Cam!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  16. On no two weeks without playing crazy river otters. Yikes. Good luck at the fang cleaners Zim. Paws crossed it goes well. Have a serene Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  17. No crazed river otter for two whole weeks? I don't know how you will manage. Hope your dental work goes OK. A sore mouth is no fun.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete