Who We Are

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Serene Scenery Sunday

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie!  I got to go to the Kansas Ocean the other day with my mom!  We saw so many wonderful things that I thought I'd share them all with you for Serene Scenery Sunday.  It was so peaceful and beautiful there - this is the next best thing to having all of you with me.  Let's go!

Oh.  Wait!  On the way there, guess what we saw?!?  Wild Turkeys!  (DINNER!)  We saw TEN of them!  (LOTS OF DINNER!)  Mom put a bunch of pix of them in our FlickR bird set, but here are my favorites.

This is the Disapproving Turkey:

IMG_8096WildTurkey
Disapproving Turkey disapproves.

I don't think he liked us.

This guy bringing up the rear made us laugh:

IMG_8102WildTurkeys
"Oh, for the love of cranberries!   I think I stepped in something.  Oh, ewww!"

We got to the Kansas Ocean and went all the way down to the shoreline.  We paused there to take everything in.

IMG_8125Cam

Oh.  You might think I'm looking the wrong way, but I'm not.  There were men building a house over across the field and I thought I should keep an eye on them.  Besides, I saw a couple of the landscapers look at me and smile, so I thought I should smile back at them.  Smiles are contagious, you know!

There were wildflowers everywhere!  Here are just a few of the ones we saw:

IMG_8124Sunflowers
Sunflowers sparkling against the water

IMG_8119ThistleAndFriends
A thistle collecting butterflies

IMG_8129Sunflower
One lone sunflower

IMG_8137Sunflowers
And more sunflowers sparkling against the water!

OK.  Let's go see what else we can see.  We'll head up to the boardwalk.

IMG_8142CamBeach

Oh. Wait.

IMG_8140Sunflower
Another sunflower

Can you tell Mom really likes sunflowers of all shapes and sizes?

Now let's head out on the boardwalk!

IMG_8143Cammie

We crossed over the street and checked out the far side of the transoceanic bridge!

IMG_8148Cammie

Mom was looking for birdies down in the shady creek area down there, but didn't see any.

We crossed back over and I checked out the boardwalk side of the transoceanic bridge:

IMG_8153Cam
"Hello, down there!?!"

Nothing remarkable down there, either - but it was fun!

Let's keep going.

IMG_8155Cam

It was a great day to be at the ocean! A little cooler than it's been, a slight breeze going, and a beautiful blue sky! One quick pose before we head home, OK?

IMG_8158Cammie

What a great day at the ocean!  I hope you enjoyed coming with us and that you feel all relaxed and serene!  Have a great Sunday!

Cammie!

14 comments:

  1. I enjoyed coming with you very much and you have set the tone for my MOM's long day. Thank You Cam-a-Roo. Now about that dinner.... When can I come over. I happen to like the wing best.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely walk, Camo! Wo are lucky to have such a nice ocean AND a transoceanic bridge so close to home!


    woos,
    Miss Moo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can NOT believe that you saw TURKEY DINNERS, Cammy. THAT is to Drool fur.

    Love the flowers..esp the one with al the butterflies on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great aSunday Post. Thank you so much for taking us along. It was beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winner, winner, turkey dinner. Have a serene Sunday and get some of that big easy in today.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great day, Cammie! Next time, I think you should try swimming in the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We loved all of your mom's flower pictures. You sure do look pretty against that beautiful sky.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cam, I love it when you take us on a walk with you. Those photos are absolutely gorgeous! And the turkeys....did you want to chase them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. we always love to see sunflower pic-shers, Camo! and dinner...er...we mean turkey pic-shers... Thanks for taking us to the Ocean with you!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those wild turkeys are big. Do they say gobble gobble? Those moths sure like that flower
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're thinking Disapproving Turkey was disapproving of your thoughts about him and dinner. But we LOVE turkey dinner. I think we're going to have to zip over to Kansas and pick us up some dinner!

    Beautiful photos, and an awesome walkie - as always!

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous photos of your day, Cammie. I adore the quizzical turkey (but my Labs would've gone insane over a turkey - they would've ignored the construction workers!).

    I also LOVED the one last pose!!!!

    And along the way - the wildflowers were spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great time you had and such beautiful photos, Cammie! Those turkey are too funny!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel so totally serene now, Camo! Thanks a lot for sharing. Now maybe those turkey will come back and we can have them for dinner. As guests, of course! }:)

    ReplyDelete