Who We Are

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Serene Scenery Sunday

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim!  I was lamenting to Mom earlier in the week that it's been forever since I've seen any of my goose friends - so she suggested a trip to Anneberg Park!  How cool! I hadn't been there in quite a while, and I almost always run into some gooses at that ocean!

I had a good look around when I got there, just taking in all the wonderful sights and smells and was slipping into the Zen of Zim Zone ... and then I spotted them!

IMG_8558Zim
"Look, Mom!  On the other side of the Anneberg Ocean!"

It was gooses alright, but not ones I had met before!

This guy swam a little closer to me:

IMG_8560CanadaGoose

He seemed unsure of me (or most likely of Mom!), but I encouraged him as best I could!

IMG_8573Zim
"It's OK, goose!  You can trust me - I'm Zim!"

Gooses have to be careful, but I could tell this guy wanted to be friends. He swam even closer and checked me out.

IMG_8564CanadaGoose
"Honk?"

I think maybe the other gooses at Anneberg put in a good word for me because he paddled around nearby for a while, then swam back over to his flock.  It was great hanging out with him for a while!

IMG_8574Zim
"I'll try to come back soon, new goose friend!"

Mom and I walked around the park for a bit, then I did the traditional "pose on the rocks" thing.

IMG_8578Zim
"Ha roo!"

I saw something that disturbed me and wanted to go investigate.  Check this out:

IMG_8586Zim

That's right - another "No German Shepherds Allowed" sign.  What is with this city!?!?  That is such discrimination!  I chose not to enter, either;  I stand in solidarity with my German Shepherd friends!  Especially Genny, who is reeeeeeally beautiful!  Did you know I've kissed her mom's nose a time or two?  It's true.  Thinking about them got me back on the track to serenity!

Anyway, over all, we sure had a great trip to Anneberg!  Thanks for coming with us; I hope to get back again soon, so I can make friends with all the new gooses!  Keep it serene, everybody!

Play bows,
Zim

15 comments:

  1. Zimmie, you have the sweetest smile! I'm sure all the gooses will be your furiends soon!!

    -Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Zimmie! We appreciate your solidarity! And mom appreciates your snooter smoochies too! Smoochies to you and Cammie!

    Luv,
    Genny

    Shiloh says hello too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zimmie you look like you had a great time with the gooses.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  4. We think we will start calling you the GOOSE WHISPERER, Zim. You did GRRRREAT getting him to come so close to... well, let's just say.. THE EDGE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zim, What a special buddy you are to all the geese! I love it that your mom takes you on special adventures like this; we took Hunter on a nice long walk today and even walked along a beach looking for houses for sale. Our Canadian geese aren't back yet but they'll be headed our way soon. WE still have Pelicans though-have you ever made friends with a Pelican? They are very big. Hope you have a pawsome Sunday.
    Wags, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zim you make furends with all critters as you are so zen. Have a serene Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. No German Shepherds???!!!!! I would not have gone in also Zim. We all have to stick together no matter what or fur color or breed. sheesh. I bet next time you go back that whole flock will swim right up to you. Of that you can be sure.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zim, thanks for taking us along with you. You have certainly made me much more serene today. I wish I could go meet the gooses with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful area, looks like you enjoyed visiting with your feathered friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun that you got to make new goose friends, Zim! The Anneberg Ocean sure is a beautiful area. Thanks for taking us along!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huh. Who would have thought that German Shepherds were so discriminated against? Clearly that sign didn't mean 'No Zims' and it definitely didn't mean 'No Doodle Doggies' - but those poor harassed German Shepherd doggies! BTW, we've heard a rumor that your Sundays might not be so serene in a little bit! But in a good way!

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course the Gooses love you, Zim! Everyone does.

    Those poor German Shepherds. Here, it's dogs on leashes who are discriminated against. There are signs all over the place with slashes through pictures of dogs on leashes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always have the most wonderful adventures, Zim! The Canada goose definitely has a friend in you!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anyplace that ends in the letters BERG should allow german shepards...gee whiz!!! Nice pictures!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor German Shepherds. They're so maligned! It's good of you to stand in solidarity with them.

    ReplyDelete