Who We Are

Monday, September 02, 2013

Just Another Work Day!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  For many bipeds here in the US, today is a holiday - Labor Day.  Oddly enough, they celebrate Labor Day by not working.  ... Think about that one.

Anyway, for us Working Breed pups, it's just another day at the office.  Even better, actually, here at Ao4 Headquarters, as our heat wave has broken!  Cam and I were up before the crack of dawn, went on a good 2-miler, played like crazed river otters, had breakfast, then played like crazed river otters some more!  Mom thought maybe taking us on an extra walk would help "settle us down" --- which sounded great to me and Cam!  (The walk part, not necessarily the settling down part!)

While out on our walk...

IMG_7903CamZim
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Zimmie?"
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Cam-a-roo?"

Yep.  There's a good chance we played like crazed river otters during the walk!  Hey!  We're a Working Breed!  Always busy!  And sometimes a walk just isn't enough.

Yeah, yeah - we "walked nice" for a while, too:

IMG_7916ZimCam
Boring!

When we got back home, Mom asked us to pose for a photo or two.  She mentioned something about facing the camera, holding still, smiling ... I'm not sure; I wasn't paying attention.

IMG_7921CamZim
"Ha roo?  Fluffy Black?  Are you out here?!?"
"Can we go inside now, please?"

Cam just wanted to go in, so she chose to sit and face the door.  Me?  I was seeing if my friend Fluffy Black Cat was out.

Anyway, Happy Labor Day, everybody!  And to our fellow Working Breed pups, who are always on the job, don't work too hard!

Play bows,
Zim

PS:  The special effects Mom did on the last photo turned Cam's tongue hot pink.  It doesn't really look like that!

13 comments:

  1. Hey friends, Happy Labor Day to you all! I know that you two pups work constantly, even when your eyes are shut. Love the pics. The description of you playing like otters fill my mind; of course Bentley plays like a monkey most of the time. Hope your pawrents got some rest.
    Wags, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  2. we can't believe you made your mom WORK! we hope your cold air comes back soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be tired from playing like crazy otters, BOL
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two Crack us up. you OTTER be in Show Bidness. BaaaaaWaaah

    Are you two gonna get DATES fur Sarge's DATE DAY on Sept. 7th??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Labor Day! I WAS thinking about that not working on Labor Day so I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one. The break in the heat was a nice change today. I need some lessons in playing, maybe you could assist me sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoyed your day off! It sounds like it was a busy one anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to know that you two are ALWAYS on the job! Our Mom celebrated being a 'laborer' by NOT giving us haircuts - that's the sort of celebration we like! BTW, we got a whole bunch of walkies today, too, with that same goal of "calming us down". Whatever. Totally didn't work!

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zim that Cammie sure brings out the crazed river otter in you doesn't she?

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It makes me safe to know that you are always on the job. Thank you.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great Labour Day Zim and Camo. Hmmmm maybe we need to go on a cat hunt. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  11. We thought that you just finished eating a raspberry popsicle, Cam!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  12. We also got to go for a walk on sunday night out to the fairgrounds cos we have been pretty wild and wooly also...it didn't help much cos we came home and all of us got into a big ole fight.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holidays are nice because Momma's home, but I'm BUSIER than ever because I have to make sure she's safe and properly snuggled the whole time. It's a relief that she's back at work today and I can just read the yaptop from my crate and take a few naps.

    ReplyDelete