Who We Are

Friday, September 20, 2013

Photo Finish Friday: Out On The Prairie!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim!  For our one-on-one time yesterday, Mom and I jumped into the car and drove out to the wild prairie to see what we could see!  Actually, it was more like a field near the Kansas Ocean - but close enough!  It was great fun.  I thought I'd share some of the pix we took with you for Photo Finish Friday; it's the next best thing to having you all there!  Ready?  Let's head out!

When we got there, I had a nice look around:

IMG_8231Zim
"Oh, yeah, Mom!  Lots of cool stuff out here!"

There were cool prairie grasses shooting off their sparklers:

IMG_8256Grass

And oodles of sunflowers!

IMG_8226Sunflowers

There was a cool front about to move in, so the clouds/cool front made for a great backdrop for everything:

IMG_8236Sunflowers

Let's go in for a closeup!

IMG_8229Sunflowers

Ah! Kansas!

Let's see what else we can see!

IMG_8230Zim
"Hey!  Come back here, little fella!"

I was trying to make a new friend, but he hopped over to the sidewalk.

IMG_8252Grasshopper
My grasshopper friend

Mom accused me of trying to eat him.  Is she crazy?!!?  Sure, I'll snarf down a cicada faster than you can say, "NoNoZimmieNoNo!" -- but a grasshopper?  No way.  I was trying to make friends with him!

For some odd reason, Mom wasn't convinced, and I was put on a "short leash" for the rest of our adventure.  

IMG_8245Zim
"Catch you next time, Grasshopper!"

Can't blame a guy for trying, right?

Thanks for coming out to the prairie with us!  Hope you had as much fun as I did!

Play bows,
Zim

9 comments:

  1. what fun. too bad about the grasshopper though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool looking grasshopper

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hood is well cool Zim. Suffling grasshoppers sounds like fun to us. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your outing at the prairie looked like fun Zimmie! Too bad you mom didn't let you have a grasshopper picnic there too though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We like the wild prairie with tall grasses better than the field
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'd get lost in the grass for sure!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was beautiful and I bet you are glad there is a cool front moving in. Maybe you will have snow soon! I have never seen a grasshopper, that was cool.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your prairie photos are just beautiful, Zim! We probably would have eaten the grasshopper too!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purty Purty! We do love big yellow flowers!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete