Who We Are

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Salute - New Troopers!

This week, we Salute all the new Troopers in the Ao4! Check out how much we've grown at this link! Isn't it incredible?!?! It's outstanding to have you all with us! We ARE Army strong!

To go paw-in-paw with the addition of all our new recruits, I - Stormy - have a new mission for everypup! Yes, we're still working on Operation Bring Beau Home - and we must not forget that! But we are strong - we can work on more than one thing at a time!

I was ready to give out orders, so I had Mom set the camera to "video". Unfortunately, she didn't understand that I was issuing orders and kept babbling to me about saying "Barbara Walters". You see ... I can speak some biped English. One of the phrases I can say very clearly is "Barbara Walters". It's a long story I'll share with you later on this week. OK... so pay no attention to my mom! Ready? Listen up, pups!



Did you get that? Oh, right. I spoke mostly Siberian in that vid, instead of Bark; I forgot many of you don't understand Siberian. This mission is important enough that I'll put the transcript for you here:

"Our little buddy Durango is in the Dogs With Blogs Photo of the Month contest. For those of you who are members ... go over to the Bone Zone and cast your vote for him! Please?!?"

There are hyperlinks in there to provide background info for you. I realize some of you are in the contest yourselves, but the rest of the Ao4 and I would greatly appreciate you joining us on this mission. We are not in the habit of asking for votes, but think you can understand the special circumstances. This would be a great way to bring a smile to the Happy Hounds' mom! We'd love to see the honor of Photo of the Month go to him ... and thought our Troopers would agree. Are you with us?

Thanks to all of our new Troopers in the Ao4 for joining up! For all you do as Troopers ... we salute you!

The Army of Four

19 comments:

  1. All TAILS up for Durango!

    With a special Sunday salute to all of WOO!!

    Keep up the great work TROOP!!!

    WARM Wags and Wuv,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice gesture for Durango's mom.

    We enjoyed your video. You speak very good Siberian. We understand you fine. Maybe your mom needs to take a course?

    jans funny farm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:12 PM

    Oh Stormy... I 100% understood everything you said!! Tia and I have our orders and we will start right away! We have already gone to cast our vote for Durango (and Bear)!!!

    Hugs,
    Sitka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stormy...I completed the mission!!! One day I will learn Siberian. Maybe you could teach me!!!

    Lots of Licks, Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mission complete, Commander Stormy.
    And I was very happy to do so.

    Secret Agent Dakota, WOOW007

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are there for you!

    My pic is rubbish anyways, you can count on our vote for sweetheart Durango!

    love and licks, Marv ps my Dad loved your Barbra Walters vid! You speak cool barbra walters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't even know what to say and I can't stop tearing up. We're so touched that you thought of Durango and issued a new mission for us.

    Our DWB friends are simply the best.

    Thank you so much!
    Maryann, Tucker-Doodle, Bear, Samantha & Dot-Spot

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lovely singing voice! Our terrier friend, Bentley, barks (or baracks?) whenever anyone says "Obama." Hope that's not a bad sign for Turbo's campaign!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Maryann, Tucker-Doodle, Bear, Samantha & Dot-Spot:
    Anything for a friend - that's one of the mottos of the Ao4! Or at least it should be. It was my right-paw girl Amber's idea. In addition to being my XO (Executive Officer), she's the Ao4's morale officer. Can you see her pleading look? She was sending everypup a mind-meld message. She's VERY good at those!
    Tail wags,
    Storm

    ReplyDelete
  10. We voted for Durango earlier today before we even saw this. What a great mission.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys are just too darn sweet!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great salute. We enjoy hearing your voice.

    Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:56 PM

    What a fantastic mission!! We've cast our vote for the little guy.

    River

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even though we are also up for photo of the month we voted for Durango!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We tagged you!

    Come by our blog to check it out!

    ;o)
    M & I

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're with you all the way! We got our email telling us how to join, now we're just waiting on our confirmation email, then we're off to vote!
    We just added a new post on our blog with some pics of the home destruction project, check it out when you get a chance.
    Kisses,
    Bama & the RHP

    ReplyDelete
  17. We're off to vote for Durango right now.

    And I noticed mistress was sneakily looking at my pals blogs but I heard the roo roos so I ran right up to listen to what you were saying, ears twitching and eyes looking at the screen.

    But who is Barbara Walters? anyway she's not mpart of a mission so she doesn't matter.

    Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm ready for the mission!

    ReplyDelete