Who We Are

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New Family Member?

Hi everypuppy! It's me - Amber! I think all of us have told you about our bunny problem, haven't we? Dave posted about a stare-down in the back yard about a week ago ... Zim has been so worried about his Magic Bean Stalks ... Stormy saw one way before we did, but thought it might be the Easter Bunny ... and I've seen a bunny in the back yard AND a bunny out front! I guess what I'm trying to say is they're all over the place around here!!!

There is one little bunny who started out as a wee little baby who spends a lot of time in our front yard. For a while there, he'd come running when he saw us! I don't understand this, but Mom would yell, "No, no, no, little bunny!" and pull our leashes really hard and make us run into the house. The bunny was chasing us and Mom made us run away!!! Who's side is she on?

Anyroo.... we're starting to accept that these guys are around - and the little bun out front is now living right under our Mugho pine at the end of the driveway. We have to walk past this bush to get just about anywhere ... and I look for the bunny EVERY time I go outside now. I'll have to see if Mom can get a picture of me checking for ...Oswald.

Yes, that's right. We're calling him Oswald. He's really made himself right at home here and I'm not sure I like that ... but check this out! We in the family all get our pictures taken by our Support Our Troops sign ... like this picture of Zimmie and me!

Well .... guess who's posing by our sign now!?!?!

Oooh, what a lovely sign! Would you like me to pose by it?

I support our troops, too!

This doesn't mean Oswald is a member of the family, does it? I think things are getting a little bit out of control around here! I'm more than willing to ... ummm... "relocate" Oswald, but Mom doesn't seem to approve of how I'd do it. Hrumph. Oswald. Hrumph.

Love,
Amber

17 comments:

  1. Awe, Oswald is very cute as well as persistant. We think that you should invite him for dinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, your bunny friend is cute. I have a squeaky one, but you have a real one. Wow!

    Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...how dare that bunny weasle his way into the AO4!!! Better keep a watch on the situation...who knows what will be next...a frog? a chipmunk? a raccoon?

    Good Luck! Lots of Licks, Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where were you going to relocation Oswald? Your tummy???

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would not trust him. I hear they can be tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oswald clearly doesn't understand that the fluffiness of a sibe does not mean that we won't make bunnies into tasty treats! I'm sorry your Mom wouldn't let you "relocate" him!

    Woo,
    Marls

    P.S. This is going to sound really weird, but my Mom had a dream last night that we were on big walkies, and we ended up at your house! Except that you added a pool in the back (a big one!) and Stormy and Dave would not come out to play. It was really weird, since...well...we've never even been to your house! Ha roo roo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So that's what a bunny is! We have one that goes across our backyard. I tried to catch him, but he sure is quick. I don't know what his name is cuz he is not too friendly.
    -Cosmos-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oswald is the sweetest and juiciest bunny I have seen today, and I have seen many and chased many.

    Think I can feel a Marvin Recipe comin along here......how does Oswald On Toast sound to you all?

    mmmmmmm1 love and tasty licks, Marvin xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! Your bunny looks just like the bunny that lives under our bushes in the front yard! I wonder if they're related? I'll ask our bunny if he knows Oswald.
    ECHO

    ReplyDelete
  10. We see Oswald is getting very brave these days. He is rather cute though. We will post soon about the name tag.
    Licks
    Jazz and Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a silly bunny! It's a good thing your mom keeps you on a leash so she can keep Oswald alive in your yard. He would not make it in our yard. Samuel might think it's part of his Evangers Rabbit food. Only not canned yet.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Oswald is cute to pose in front of that sign. :)

    ~ Girl girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had a bunny daring enough to enter our dog yard last night....we had a good run trying to chase him down...but he got out under the fence...maybe he won't be so lucky next time.

    Kisses, Sky boy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guinness & Shiloh: That's what I had in mind! Hee hee hee!

    Maya Marie: I'll bet I could make THIS one squeak! But Mom won't let me!

    Ruby: We already had Leopole the Bold, that little skunkling, try to join us!

    Steve: YES! Hee hee hee!

    Magnum: They ARE! Especially that one you linked to!

    Marley: That's right! We look all cute and cuddly but we're forces to be reconned with!
    Oooh, what a fun dream! Too bad Storm and Dave wouldn't come out. Maybe it was a "redheads only" thing! Hee hee hee!

    Cosmos: Yep... that's our Oswald!

    Marvin: That's horrible! Tasty ... but horrible!

    Echo: Oh, wow! Maybe they ARE related! Ask yours, OK?

    Jazz & Dixie: He's mighty bold, isn't he?

    Holly: Dave got to chase one out of the back yard, but we're always leashed out front!

    Cubby: Mom thinks he's cute. I can't get over the whole "prey drive" thing!

    Girl Girl: You're as bad as Mom! :)

    Sky: I wonder if he ran to our house? Mom says everybunny in the entire world lives in our yard!

    Love,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous5:26 PM

    Oh look at Oswald! He is so cute!!!
    Hugs<
    Sitka

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sitka: That's what Mom thinks, too! Even though he and his family are eating everything in the garden, she says "How can I be mad at something so cute?!" I'd be upset about that, but it's that very belief that makes her and Dad cut us a lot of slack. If you know what I mean!
    Love,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete