Who We Are

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Day One of Ao4 Puppy Pix - Storm!

Ha roo, pups! It's me - Storm! Before I get started, Amber posted a comment thanking everypup for their comments yesterday. I'd like to add my thanks for all of your kind remarks -- I just LOVE my puppies and am very proud of them. They're both incredibly sweet. And fun!

A little while ago, our friend Indy posted ADORABLE puppy pictures of himself! He asked Amber if he could see puppy pictures of us - so today will be Day One of Ao4 Puppy Pix! I'm going first, since I'm the alpha.

Now... understand that everything is relative. I was adopted when I was about 1-1/2 years old, so my "puppy pix" are from then!

Here I am on our porch at Ft. Riley with our great brother Booter ('87-01). He was an Australian Shepherd/Lab mix and was a great guy. Sure, we had our differences at first, but we eventually became great friends. This is one of the first pix of us!

Here I am, in profile.Cute, huh? OK... maybe not a PUPPY..... but as puppy-like as Mom and Dad knew me!

Here I am with some of my friends back at Ft. Riley. That's Riley on the left - he always said, "Harrr" just like a pirate! Maverick would like him! And that's me pinning Nanook. No, not Nanook the Newfie! Nanook the Siberian Husky! I loved playing with these Siber-boys and especially liked pinning them. An alpha-girl from the start! They live at Ft. Irwin, California now.

Remember I showed you the Yorkie I gave birth to? Yeah! You can follow that link as a reminder. I mentioned that I also gave birth to a Westie that Spring and a little gal named Polly. Here we are!

That's me with Riley (popular name, huh?) the Westie, and that's Polly smiling at us. There was a lot of love there! Polly was homeless and one of my VERY favorite bipeds (Betsey) found her a perfect home that Spring. It was a real story-book kind of new start for her.

Hope you liked my "puppy" pix! Tomorrow is our Sunday Salute, but then Monday we'll do Ammy's puppy pix! Then Zim's ... then Dave's. Stay tuned!

Tail wags,
Storm

12 comments:

  1. Hey Storm! You looked very happy to be adopted by your new Mom and Dad! Hey I lived in Ft. Irwin too! I loved it there, I always got to go for walks there without my leash cuz I'm a good girl, and I would chase lizards, and I even would get to climb a "mountain" they had on post there called Mt. Blackie! I had friends there too and we would play chase on the field near our house. Your friends will have fun there I'm sure of that!
    Licks'n'Sniffs,
    China

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, how cute! You look so young! I have very strong paternal instincts too. I look out for my friends and at day care, I look out for the puppies and make sure that the other dogs play nice with them.

    When my grandparents' neighbor's lab had puppies, I was so excited to see them! They put one on the grass next to me and I pinned my ears back and whimpered to him and sniffed and licked him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stormy! What pretty pics of you and your friends. I bet you miss them!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. China! Hey, that's cool! Our dad has been to Ft. Irwin many times (for NTC rotations) but none of us have been. Chasing lizards sounds fun!

    Indy: Thank roo! And you are very nice to look after the other pups at day care. Oooh, Lab puppies! I would have loved to meet them!

    Holly: Thank roo - and yes, I miss seeing all of them! It's good that I have Am and Zim and Dave around me. We're very pack-oriented; I don't think any of the four of us would like to be only-pups.

    Tail wags,
    Storm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Storms, my youngest puppy pictures are from when I was five. I am five now. You have so many friends. You should become a foster mom since you are so maternal. Mama would like to e-mail your mom, but she does not know her e-mail address. Mama's is bailey.ananya@yahoo.com.
    -Magnum

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such pretty puppy pictures. If your mom and dad are anything like our mom, you will always be considered their puppy so all of your pictures are puppy pictures!

    Roxie, Sammy & Andy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Storms,
    cute puppy pics. Its nice to be able to look back to younger days hey. Mum made a photo album of my first year of life and is in the process of making one for Dixie. We sometimes take it out and think back to younger days with fond memories. Looking forward to seeing the puppy pics from the rest of the gang.
    Licks,
    Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  8. KEWL pup photos! You are a very nice looking dog!
    Jasper

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the mention! My people chose the name Nanook because my papa always wanted a husky but was afraid of the husky's fierce prey drive and our cats and also because it means polar bear in inuktitut! Although in inuktitut it is spelled Nanuq. Since it's all basically phonetic anyway they went with ook. Also, my mum likes Terry Pratchett so Ook comes naturally to her.

    Licks,

    Nanook.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures. I asked mom if she would put up some of my puppy pictures but she said something about them being on a zip disk and she needs to get a zip drive since our new computer didn't come with one. Hmm I will have to keep on her about that. Hey Ft. Riley doesn't look to bad. As of now we are still coming there the end of April.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Magnum: We love puppies of ANY age! Dave's puppy pix are from when he was 4. :) Mom will email your mom! Thanks!

    Dachsies: You've got it 100% right! Ha roo!

    Jazz & Dixie: Oooh, we'd love to see some of those picutres! Would you consider posting some!?!?

    Jasper: Thank roo! And so are YOU!

    Nanook: That's a cool story - and unfortunately, your dad is right about the prey drive thing. We can't help it. Some of us ARE cat-friendly, though!

    Peanut: That's exciting that you are coming here! Keep us posted! AND we'd love to see your puppy pix!!!

    Tail wags,
    Storm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea! I love the puppy pics!

    ReplyDelete