Who We Are

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Yard Shots and Miscellaneous Scenery

Hi everypuppy, it's me - Ammy!
I've been having such a nice time seeing the pretty pictures from where T-man and Ivy and Marvin and everypuppyelse live that I thought I'd share some of the more scenic shots from our side of the park!
First... here is Zim from a couple weeks ago on our lower deck. No, he's NOT allowed to sit on the table like that but Stormy said it's yet another one of those times where it's good to be cute and good that the biped (mom) had a camera. There is a myriad of reasons why the Siberian is cute ... and that being cute helps us get away with stuff. :)

Zim on deck table

I should note here that you can click each image for a bigger view.
Below is Dave posing in the yard. It's from last year, but you can see the pretty color our tree turns. That one is a White Ash.

Dave posing in yard

And this is Dave doing one of his FAVORITE things - playing "fetch" in the yard with mom and the Kong-on-a-Rope. He loves that! I'm all for chasing something, but not about bringing it back. Stormy says fetching is a Lab thing. Ha roo roo roo! (Just kidding, Davy!)

Dave playing in yard

Here's Storm playing in the yard, too. She likes to chase a toy, then pounce on it, shake it and run around with it.

Storm in action

She's VERY fast! And she does not believe in retrieving the toy.
Here is a picture of me and Zimmie. (It and the following pix were taken last Fall up where the Giant now lives.) I'm the one on the left. Mom loves this picture!

Am and Zim

Here's one of just me. You can see the golf course way out behind me (and in the shot of me and the Z-man, too!). Mom calls this the "Amber and the Amber Waves of Grain" shot.

NOV walk Amber 5

Lastly, here is one of a certain coyote look-alike. :) Just kidding. It's Zimmie, camouflaged in the prairie grasses. Pretty cool, isn't he?

coyote camo

I hope you enjoyed seeing a little bit of our yard and the Flint Hills of Kansas!
Have a happy day everypuppy!
Love, Amber

14 comments:

  1. Very nice, guys! I need to post more landscape pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics. Mama thought it looked like the set of dances with wolves.

    Do you guys dance?

    XOXOXO
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. (If this duplicates, it's because Blogger ate our first try to comment.)

    Very nice! Mom says she lived in Kansas when she was little. (That was a very long time ago.) Your area looks much nicer and nothing like where she lived since she was in Topeka.

    Roxie, Sammy & Andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great pics! I love the shot of you and Zim by the grasses. You've got great decks to play around on too!

    We have an ash tree here too outside our balcony, but Mom is afraid the ash borer insect is killing it. We will be sad if we lose our tree :( Our tree turns yellow in the fall.

    T-man

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you guys are all so handsome ....i wish i had brothers or sisters or somethihg...i want to be part of an army...MJs army...maybe some day...i should just walk to the humane society and adopt myself a dawgy buddy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woh Amber, That's very nice pictures of your house and the surrouding. I wish I can come visit...

    ~ fufu

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys live in a real nice place - I would like to come and visit one day. I have my own pillow and I would be no trouble at all.

    Love
    Opy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:31 AM

    "Toto I don't think we are in Kansas anymore" - just watch out for them storms!

    Bussie Kissies
    Buster

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it's very pretty where you guys live, almost as pretty as you all!!!!!
    Face Licks, M&M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice yard and scenery there Amber. Hey, I met a girl named Amber B4. Ch. Kanza Amber Waves. Is that you? Zim and the rope toy is good pirate practice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, beautiful scenery! And it looks like you guys have a big beautiful yard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank roo, everypuppy!
    Tubey: That would be very nice! We'd love to see more of your side of the park!
    Chelsea: Zim and Stormy said that movie was a cruel hoax -- where were all the wolves? Oh... and I think Dave might know how to samba. He's into jazz.
    Roxie, Sammy and Andy: I was born way north of Topeka, near the indian reservations. It's nicer here, I think.
    T-man: We have that white ash and a purple ash. They both turn red and purple and yellowy, according to Dave. Zim said to tell you the only good bug is a dead bug!
    MJ: You're very kind! Maybe your parents would let you adopt somepuppy?
    FuFu: You'd like it here - lots of clean, fresh air!
    Opy: Oh, it would be SO nice to have you come visit! We can offer you your own guest room, if you'd like - or mom can sleep on the floor and you can have her spot in the bed!
    Buster: The most powerful Storm around here is my SISTER! Ha rooo! :)
    M&M: We've missed you guys! You're so sweet!!!
    Maverick: I'm just a girl off a Kansas farm ... I'm not a CH. I wish it WAS me that you met - that would be FUN to meet you!!!
    Love to everypuppy,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Indy! It's a very fun yard and we can see EVERYTHING from it!
    Love, Amber
    PS: We listened to your "hello" on your blog! You are SO talented!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Storm,

    I answered you on my blog.
    Indy

    ReplyDelete