Who We Are

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Signs

Remember that old song, "Signs"? "Signs, signs, everywhere a sign..."? They're all OVER the place here! It's election season ... and bipeds are covering the airwaves, TV signal, and grass with signs!
Hi everypuppy, it's me, Amber! "Vote for this guy", "Vote for that guy", "We need more X", "We need less Y". They're everywhere! Most of the signs make fairly good sense, though there's some confusing local issue about more electives in the school system..... but as the Stormy Zoluschka Kryschtal School of Siberian Studies is a privately run institution, we don't really have to be too concerned about that.
We were out on walkies the other afternoon, though, and this one sign really confused me. I sat by it and asked mom to take a picture of me and Zimmie trying to figure it out. Here we are, with dad:

End Road Work

(You can click that for a larger view.)

What I can't understand is....... why is someone against road work? What do they have against it? I don't quite understand their desire to end road work. Bipeds! I don't think I'll figure them out any time soon.
On a separate note, if you look just to the left of the sign's pole, between it and the back of the sign on the other side of the road, you can see the back of our house! Hello, house!
If anyone can explain this anti-road work campaign, please let me know. To me, where there are roads, there are sidewalks - and that means more walking areas for the Ao4!!!
Happy Saturday and love,
Amber
PS: We've added some new cool links to our sidebar. We hope you'll check them out!

13 comments:

  1. Not only are humans stupid, but they're contrary! Just cause someone has a good idea about something (like road work), somone else will be against it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pee on the road signs.

    That'll teach em!


    XOXOOXOX
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having those same problems here in Omaha. Every time one of those people comes on the TV, mom and dad immediately hit the "mute" button on the remote control. They will be all very happy when it is all over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I agree with Chelsea.. those signs are for peeing on!

    ~Jay

    ReplyDelete
  5. We vote for:

    Feed Dogs!
    Play With Dogs!
    Walk Dogs!
    Toys For Dogs!
    Vet Care and Homes for All Dogs!

    Is anything more important than that? We think not.

    Roxie, Sammy & Andy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tubey: They just don't make sense, do they!?!?
    Chelsea: That sounds like something right up Zim's alley!
    Holly: They talk so much, but have so little to say -- you know?
    Jay: I'll get Zim on it!
    R,S&A: Now that's a platform I can support! Great ideas!
    Love,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:21 AM

    My Mom was out yesterday holding up signs and making speeches at rallies. I got to go so it was okay. I even got to wear my American flag hat, leash and collar. Personally, I love campaigning. You get in a lot of good petties and kissies.

    Bussie Kissies
    Buster

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right now BLOGGER IS STUPID! I can't blog! I could change over to the "new blogger", but they don't let you do that yet, so meanwhile I'm stuck not being able to reach the HULA members!

    BLOGGER IS STUPID

    Meeshka
    (so mad right now)

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW: now the human woman has that stupid "sign" song stuck in her head. It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't hum or sing it.

    Meeshka
    (when Mr. Bigglewworth gets angry...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Buster: Your mom isn't campaigning against road work, is she?
    Meeshka: Is this better than when your mom got the last line of Dave's haik-woo about Zarqawi stuck in her head? "Air power. BOOM! Woo." I know it left an impression on her.
    Love,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great, thanks guys, now she's going around humming the sign song and at the end saying BOOM WOO.

    Great, thanks. AND HOW COME YOU CAN BLOG AND I CAN'T???

    I HATE BLOGGER

    Meeshka
    (going to lay in the yard and pout now)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:04 AM

    Signs always puzzle me too! There is one in on of our parks in Scotland which says "Dogs Must Be Lead". Well I don't know about you lot, but I have never seen a Lead Dog in all my boy days! Puzzled Pooch, Marvin xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marvin: A lead dog? Wow. I've seen a stone dog in our neighbor's yard, but never one made from lead. How strange!
    Love,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete